Quartz Installed Today - Lots of Pics

AnnaAMarch 28, 2012

Our quartz was installed today. I'm in love! They made an error - made the windowsill out of the Lyra (the white) instead of the Zirconium (black). But once I saw how I could see both pieces while standing at the sink, I decided to keep it.

Miles to go yet, but the big stuff feels done. This is a small split level in an urban setting. We're trying to maximize space while honoring the bones of the place.

More when backsplash, wood trim, island hood, appliances, and a few other details are done.

, , , , , ,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
library_girl

Wow...your kitchen is beautiful already :) I think the white sill looks great over the black!

Love your cabinet pulls - I haven't seen anything like them. And I sure can't wait to see that gorgeous backsplash. It almost looks liquid in the closeup.

Beautiful choices all around!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 5:51PM
rocketmomkd

I love it! Your cabinets are so pretty. I love that you showed so much close up detail of your counters. They look great. I'll be waiting patiently to see pics of how your slide-in range fits!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 5:59PM
tomcarter101

wow, I'm glad you posted. The Lyra looks alot better (and more like marble) in large format than what I've seen in smaller samples. It looks to be a decent and likely cheaper competitor to Torquay from Cambria in the quartz marble imitation look games :-)
tc

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 6:11PM
AnnaA

Library_girl, the knobs & pulls were the hardest pic. We are playing with a bunch of metals - shinny, matte, black, silver, bronze. I wanted a matte pewter and knew it when I saw them. Pulls (long ones) are from Atlas - California Craftsman, but sold under a different name as well. Knobs are Hickory Hardware...3" pewter something...can't find the name.

Rocketmomkd, yes, the big unknown is how the slide in will work. We're waiting on a steel backplate and will then test it out. I'll put pics here and on the appliance forum.

And tomcarter101, yes, the big surprise of the day was how much smoother...can't put my finger on the word...the Lyra is in actuality vs the sample. My sample had those tiny bubbles, as I call them. But very small. The pieces installed today are much more creamy. Of course, I don't have the correct lights in yet, and the camera I used was a cheap phone (the quickest way to get it to the iPad and uploaded here.) But we wanted contrast yet uniformity in our counters, and we got what we were after.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 7:07PM
a2gemini

Anna
Love your kitchen!
Tell me about your backsplash.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 8:22PM
AnnaA

The majority of the backsplash is Versailles Unique Shapes Gun Metal Kitchen Brushed & Polished Metal Tile - a mouthful. It will be bordered at the base by a 6" strip of metal mosaics I'm assembling. And then the island will have a separate metal backsplash as well.

Lots more changes ahead. Hope you get some good design advice re your kitchen and sunroom!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 9:28PM
dragonfly08

Very nice! I totally LOVE the window sill and agree with you that the white looks perfect. I love how these things just work out during renovations... And all the different work areas you've designated with your countertops... I'm excited to see the finished kitchen!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 9:35PM
a2gemini

Thanks Anna
It looks like your backsplash has multiple colors in it or is it all SS
Thanks for your support of our project also!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 9:58PM
motherof3sons

Thud. That is gorgeous! Great colors, texture, etc.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 10:19PM
SaraKat

Your kitchen is gorgeous!

Bookmark   June 10, 2012 at 6:07AM
heidia

Anna, THANK YOU!!!! :)

I did see one of your pics but not all, and I am so glad you posted because I LOVE how it looks! :)

I think I am sold on it.

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 1:07PM
More Discussions
Conestoga: Madison door with beaded inset?
Has anyone done or seen the Madison door on beaded...
akaypick
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
scrappy25
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™