45'' X 58'' Rail Fence

geezerfolks_SharonG_FLJune 22, 2007

Just finished quilting this one. I used variegated thread for the first time. I liked that it sort of helped to make it a little more special.....specially since the pattern is so simple.

SharonG/FL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosajoe_gw

I love the colors, the border material is adorable. I haven't tried variegated thread. I also like the rail fence, it maybe be simple but it makes a beautiful quilt.
Rosa

Bookmark   June 23, 2007 at 11:15AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Thanks, Rosa. Another quick one that looks nice is the Warm Wishes pattern. I haven't made that one in awhile, so it might be the next one when I need something fast.

Bookmark   June 23, 2007 at 1:03PM
juttz

Sharon, I knew there was a resaon for coming to the gallery...you have quilt pics..lol...this one is realllllly pretty..and I bet the variegation is really makes it pop...good work friend....Judy

Bookmark   June 23, 2007 at 6:53PM
nana24

Sharon,
I think your quilt is very pretty.
I'm going to look up Warm Wishes.

TFS
Sally

Bookmark   June 23, 2007 at 9:56PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

JUDY!!!!!! I've been thinking about you and wondering where you had taken yourself off to! I was just about ready to get in touch with your friend to make sure you were ok.
As you can see, I've been doing a lot of sewing. I have 3 tops ready for backing and blocks ready to sew together for another top. That one will probably not get finished til I get back in Sept or Oct, but that's ok....she didn't want it til Christmas. I'm giving myself 10 more days before I put it all away and start cleaning and packing.

Bookmark   June 23, 2007 at 10:08PM
love2sew

I love your quilt. I use the variegated thread all the time....adds a special touch....don't have to have a matching color.

You say you are packing up, where are you going...will we not hear from you....oh woe... who will be there to birth my next problem???
Jean

Bookmark   June 24, 2007 at 1:26AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Thank you......

Jean, I have 2 daughters (grandchildren and great-grandchildren) who live in Indiana and I visit them in the summer for 2-3 months. I'm getting a later start this year because my mom's 90th BD bash will be in MI July 14th and DH and DD and her family are going up for that, so we're all going up together.....I'll just stay up there while they'll all be coming back.

Sally, I'll post a pic of the Warm Wishes I did last year.

Bookmark   June 24, 2007 at 8:13AM
More Discussions
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™