WE Frogs

geezerfolks_SharonG_FLMay 10, 2007

I came across a pattern called Wickedly Easy so tried it with some (mostly) $2 yd fabric from Walmart. It takes 6 fat quarters so there's not a lot of $$ tied up in this one. It does go fast, and I like the concept, however, the next one I do will be more controlled rather than as scrappy as this one is. I think the long narrow strip in each block one color throughout and the short narrow strips, 2 colors. I want to get away from the same fabric touching each other, too. I have a bunch of tractor fabric I want to try with this pattern.......

SharonG/FL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
csackett

Very cute! I have some of the same fabric, but have not used it. Some child will love this.
Carolyn

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 7:52PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Thanks, Carolyn. Maybe I'll give this one to my nephew to have on hand in his police car. I have the tractor fabric cut and will post a pic of that when I get it done so you can see the difference.

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 10:16PM
nana24

Sharon,
Your quilt is adorable.
What a great idea for a police officer to have something like this in his car. It is just the reason for having it that grabs my heart.
I'll be looking for the tractors.
Sally in Louisiana

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 8:27AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Thank you, Sally. (My oldest daughter is named Sally) I was able to get the tractor blocks sewed together yesterday and I hope to get borders on it today.

Bookmark   May 12, 2007 at 7:47AM
jennifer_in_va

That's cool!

My guild donates our charity quilts to the Sherriff's department for their vehicles. Quilts are there to be given out to children/women pulled from situtations like battering/abuse, etc. They get to keep the quilt, too. We also keep them supplied with extras, too.

Bookmark   May 16, 2007 at 9:03AM
biwako_of_abi

What a wonderful idea, to have a pretty quilt on hand for people in trouble, and someone's going to be comforted by that quilt.

Bookmark   May 16, 2007 at 1:29PM
rosajoe_gw

I like the tractors too, but this one is my favorite.
Rosa

Bookmark   June 14, 2007 at 2:10PM
More Discussions
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 20-22
I have been cross-stitching a birdhouse bookmark for...
quiltingfox
Free Zelda Quilt Along to start soon
http://www.quiltinglinda.com/category-quilting/2015/02/16/free-zelda-quilt-along/ For...
lindaoh_gw
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™