Polaris Hose Damaged

lion1143May 9, 2011

My Lab got a hold of the hose-she kind of just plays with it in the water. Looked like fun until I saw a couple of streams shooting out of the hose. Is there any kind of waterproof tape I can try? I see that these hoses are quite expensive. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

Any tape will change the way the hose bends due to the lost flexibility. That will have a significant effect one the way the Polaris travels in the pool.

Scott

Bookmark   May 10, 2011 at 6:13AM
lascatx

I saw a waterproof tape with the duct tape at Walmart last night. Scott's probably right, but if you only need a couple of small pieces to patch tooth marks it might be worth a try. IF it doesn't work right with the tape, at least you've bought some time to work on teaching the dog to go after other things. ;-)

Bookmark   May 11, 2011 at 11:31AM
kspoolman

Ask your pool guy for a replacement. If he is like me, he has tons of extra pieces from smaller installs where the hose had to be cut down. May need another swivel or two to piece it together, but might be worth a shot.

Bookmark   May 11, 2011 at 4:26PM
lion1143

Just a follow up. I got some White Vinyl Electrical tape from Lowes and It's working and doesn't look bad either!
thanks for the input!

Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 7:15AM
More Discussions
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
MiaOKC
Our Pool Remodel with Mr. Carlos Pools
So after much searching and many quotes from diffirent...
evepineda02
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Almost there, infinity edge
Waiting on plaster and landscaping. Almost there......
poolmd
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™