Not enough pressure to squirt water out of

SpeckledhenMay 18, 2012

a NOODLE! This is a serious question. Every other pool I've been in, when you hold a noodle up to the return inlet water shoots out of the noodle. That doesn't happen 1n my pool. It's a brand new build, I/G 16x32 vinyl about 17k gallons with a 1hp pump. D.E. filter pressure is about 14. Is my pump too small? I do know that their is one return split to three inlets. Could this be the issue? Seriously, my kids are disappointed that they can't squirt water at each other like in their friends pool!

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MiaOKC

We have about 8 returns on our 1975 concrete 35K gal 1hp pool, and 2 have good pressure, 4 have OK pressure, and 2 I think have no pressure. Our pool guy said that we need to buy a variety of "eyeballs" for the returns to equalize the pressure for proper circulation, as the pressure can run out of "oomph" as it gets further from the pump. Some eyeballs with smaller diameter and some with larger should even things out. The second pool guy said typically we would have back pressure on our plumbing system, so actually, the returns furthest from the pump would have the highest pressure, and the ones closest would have less. Either way, they said the solution was in the eyeballs.

Haven't tried this yet, as am waiting on latest repair man to come next week.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 12:58PM
More Discussions
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
MiaOKC
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™