Another Baby Quilt

rosajoe_gwMarch 2, 2008

This one I made for my niece. The stork looks like he stopped somewhere for happy hour BEFORE he picked up his package(right side block on the quilt). The baby was due anywhere from February 14th to March 8th (??) and has not arrived yet. I like to make baby quilts, they are small enough to finish in time so I'm not bored with the project!!!!

Rosa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

How precious is the Precious Baby Boy block!!!! If you keep showing quilts with embroidery in it, you're going to cost me some money! Great quilt......

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 10:25PM
rosajoe_gw

Sharon I love playing with my embroidery machine. I had a white tee and I found a lovely zebra to embroider on it. There are so many free designs, but it does cost to get everything you need.
My niece has the older Disney Brother and it still works great, they are less than $300 now. The newer ones don't have Disney drat it.
BUT, when you add all of the 'extras' that you need it is going to cost you another 200 to 300.
It was my retirement gift to ME!!!!!
Rosa

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 10:37AM
gerizone5

Beautiful quilt. I love the embroidery--it really makes it so special.

Geri

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 4:26PM
nana24

Rosa,
Your baby quilt is so cute. You did a great job and it is such a treasure for the little one.

I have a Brother that has all the Disney things. If I knew how I'd be glad to give them to you as I almost never use them. It is really a shame how little I use mine but I do have lots of patterns-many free from the net. I actually put a design on a small pillowcase I made this morning and I am thinking of making some burp pads for a new grandbaby of one of my DH fellow employees.

I can only do 4" designs but yours look much bigger. I have a friend who does larger designs and she would gladly let me use her machine but I still like hand embroidery.

TFS
Sally

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 11:10AM
rosajoe_gw

Thank you Sally, from what I have read they only work on that model of Brother.
Mine is a 5x7 hoop, it just appears larger in pics. I made burps from flannel for my niece to use. I don't think a new mother can ever get enough burp cloths!!!!!!!!!!
Rosa

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 11:58AM
More Discussions
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
2015 Lotto Blocks
Finished Feb. Lotto block and want to get started on...
ibquiltn4fun
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™