Cracked Pipe during cover install - help!

marta_pMay 6, 2012

Hi all, we opened our pool Friday and just as the service company was about to leave, I noticed some water bubbling out of the ground next to our pool -YIKES. Turns out that one of our pipes was cracked during the install of our cover last November. The pool service guys promptly turned the pool off and explained that this can happen, and said they'd be back on Monday to dig down and fix the pipe. Has this happened to anyone in the past? What should I be aware of and/or make certain takes place? I'm a new pool owner (we just installed last year, so this will be our 2nd summer) and want to make sure I'm asking the right questions and protecting our investment! Thanks in advance for any help, Marta

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

It has even happened to me. It is rare though. I am guessing you have pavers and the anchors are set in pipes.

Scott

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 5:14PM
marta_p

Hi Scott, yes - pavers on most, but this was actually straight in the dirt as we don't have decking on the back of the pool. The anchor was set in a pipe which was about 18 - 24 inches long. What should I look for tomorrow when they are hopefully back to fix it?? Thanks, Marta

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 9:23PM
poolguynj

Since there is no decking involved, it's a pretty simple task. They should be neat about it though.

Scott

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 7:21AM
marta_p

thanks Scott, they were and it seems like everything is fine now. fingers are crossed.

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 2:24PM
More Discussions
Almost there, infinity edge
Waiting on plaster and landscaping. Almost there......
poolmd
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
blue stone pool deck
I live in Utah and am building a traditional east coast...
holly6
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™