SBSue playing with Manatee

geezerfolks_SharonG_FLMarch 29, 2008

I was putting things away and couldn't leave her unfinished til I got back from up north....I still need to sew around the manatee, but it'll get done later....it's been an off day.....I did a load of laundry and forgot to put the clothes in then I made a pot of coffee and forgot to put the lid on the basket.....so, I sat on the couch and sew Sue.

SharonG/FL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scootersgirl

She's a cutie!

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 9:37AM
grammyp

What? No bikini? She is still cute.

beverly

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 4:53PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

LOL, Beverly! It never entered my mind. I did think, afterwards, I should have put her in a wetsuit to look like she was swimming with them like they do here at the springs.

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 6:57PM
rosajoe_gw

Sharon I love the material and your applique is perfect, it actually looks like you appliqued the manatee over Sue!!!!
All of my FL fam are hugh manatee fans.
The first time I met one was in Miami many years ago and it scared me when the manatee swam right up to me.
They are either very curious or friendly, or both. My DD and DGD's were being pulled by ropes behind a slow moving boat and manatees came up and played with the ropes. They loved it.
Rosa

Bookmark   April 2, 2008 at 6:27PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Rosa, I actually slit the fabric around the manatee and slipped the bonnet and dress under it. I left one 'arm' attached to the fabric. They are really big up close, eh?

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   April 2, 2008 at 8:34PM
chrizty

wow thought i posted in here long time ago, too cute!
wondering how all your sue bonnets comming? the mooning one is still my fav lol. are you putting them in one quilt?

Bookmark   July 26, 2008 at 12:12PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Hi christy, When/If I ever get them completed, they'll probably go in one quilt. I haven't done any since I returned back home and Sue is pretty low on the priority list at this time. I'm trying to work on Christmas.....however, I have some pink fans that I'm using for a skirt with a SBS bonnet. It makes for a cute block for a little girl quilt I need to make. I suppose it could pass for Sunbonnet SueBelle. lol

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   July 26, 2008 at 6:01PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Back to the top

Bookmark   November 9, 2009 at 9:31AM
love2sew

Okay Sharon, what's up! I have gone back and looked at all your very cute SBSs but you must have more done that you haven't posted or are you trying to refresh your memory on what you have done? LOL don't tell me you have lost SBS!!!

You now have my full attention and I am sure many others that check in here once in a while. Just what's up Hu Hu!!
Jeane

Bookmark   November 17, 2009 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
March 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Our March came in like a lamb. How about where you...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
2015 Lotto Blocks
Finished Feb. Lotto block and want to get started on...
ibquiltn4fun
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™