Another little quilt....

geezerfolks_SharonG_FLFebruary 27, 2009

This is a 'what was I thinking?' quilt. I know I put it together during one of the times I just needed to sew without thinking and apparently, that's what I did! The strip blocks are leftovers from a Warm Wishes quilt. I really like the back though.....I was saner when I did that.

This is going to RMH......SharonG/FL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bonnie_nmi

It's cute, Sharon. What is RMH?

Bonnie

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 7:40PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Bonnie, Ronald McDonald House. I always intend to donate to various places and this year I would like to donate at least every 2 months. I figured for the RMH in Indianapolis, they could use some smaller ones and put them in the bags they give out to families when they come in.

Sharon

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 7:59PM
aezarien

Aww.. little kitties. I like the colors and the pattern on the front reminds me of Tetris.

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 2:16AM
gininmn

I like it. It's very eye-catching; center looks like some kind of hieroglyph. Like the kitties fabric on back too

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 9:44AM
rosajoe_gw

Sharon I love it!!! The front reminds me of a puzzle.
I know many that have found comfort in the RMH during hard times, it is such a wonderful gift.
Rosa

Bookmark   March 1, 2009 at 2:11PM
aezarien

Speaking of, since you are from Florida you may have heard about the two girls in the parasailing accident out there a while back. Those were my nieces and my brother always talks about how good the people from Ronald McDonald House were to them during that time. Life can be kind of messy sometimes and it is nice to know that you have people that are kind and generous and really want to lend a helping hand. Once I get through making sure my immediate family has at least one gift from me then I would like to make a few to send to them as well.

Bookmark   March 2, 2009 at 1:42AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Thanks everyone.

aezarien, I do remember hearing about the parasailing accident! At which RMH did your brother stay?

Sharon

Bookmark   March 2, 2009 at 8:16AM
aezarien

I'm not precisely sure about that. I am not sure how it all works but the girls were at Broward Med. My best guess would be that it would be the closest one to there but I am not sure if they have districts or something like that.

Bookmark   March 2, 2009 at 1:43PM
More Discussions
Spider Web
And I still have lots of scraps!!! The first border...
nannykins
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™