Small Winnie Quilt

geezerfolks_SharonG_FLFebruary 17, 2009

I was rummaging through some fabric and came across this Winnie the Pooh fabric that was 15" X WOF that kind of wanted me to do something with it, so I split it in half and this is the result. I finished it up yesterday and it ended up being 32" X 45" which I thought wasn't a bad size for a toddler.

SharonG/FL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nana24

Sharon, It is so cute and what a clever way to put it together. We are partical to Pooh since I used him for my DD and then she used him for her oldest.

Some lucky child is going to get a special quilt!

TFS
Sally

Bookmark   February 17, 2009 at 3:21PM
grammyp

It came out great. You are so productive, you're putting us all to shame.

beverly

Bookmark   February 17, 2009 at 7:00PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Thank you, Sally, DD3 was over and looked at the quilt and said this fabric is with the original Pooh. I really don't know what that means, but, ok.

Beverly, I don't feel productive since I used panels for those other quilts and pretty much the same for this one. I just added borders and backing. Although on this one, I did use batting with flannel backing. DD thought someone she knows would like to buy it for a baby shower, but I think it's too small for that.

Sharon

Bookmark   February 17, 2009 at 8:19PM
rosajoe_gw

That is so cute!!!!!!
Winnie went thru some body and color changes.
I prefer the original too.
Rosa

Bookmark   February 18, 2009 at 5:27PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Thanks, Rosa.

The thing I did with this quilt is something I've never ever done before. I started with the 'birthing' method, but instead of leaving an opening to turn it, I sewed all the way around it, cut a slit in the backing in one of the corners, turned it through the slit, slip stitched the slit back together and covered the slit with a label!

I forget who it was that posted she did this with some wallhangings and tablerunners, so thought I'd give it a try. I don't see why it couldn't be done with a larger quilt. The label would just have to be bigger, possibly a block left over from the quilt????

Sharon

Bookmark   February 19, 2009 at 8:25AM
lindaoh_gw

Sharon, our small quilt group made a baby quilt for the New Year Baby at our local hospital using the same Winnie the Pooh fabric. I fussy cut Winnie and friends and we did square in a square blocks with it. It turned out really cute.
Linda OH

Bookmark   February 20, 2009 at 11:37PM
More Discussions
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
March 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Our March came in like a lamb. How about where you...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
Harvest Moon Quilt
This is my first attempt at adding a photo. I just...
Nancy Morris
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™