OT Instant messanger

true4ucaNovember 6, 2006

Hi,

First off let me say I know squat about computers.Two of my sisters & I have IM.Can they both see my messages,when the three of us are on-line.I'm a really slow typist so it would save my typing two responces.Any advice.

Trudy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grammyp

I haven't used IM in a while, but it used to be private, but you had the option of opening a group chat so multiple people could chat in a "room". You would be able to invite as many people as you wanted, but no one could just join in.

beverly

Bookmark   November 7, 2006 at 9:27AM
ironkit

I know AIM and MSN both have an option to have multiple people in one IM box. AIMs is actually a chat room, but MSN is more of a group chat. I'm not sure about yahoo or ICQ.

I copy/paste a lot to save time typing.

~ Kit

Bookmark   November 7, 2006 at 12:39PM
laurainsdca

I think you would have to do something special to have all three of you in one chat at once.

Not sure if you're asking because you want to have all three at once, or because you don't want to accidentally be "overseen" by one when talking to the other. (Of course you could also be "just curious" but that's not so dramatic!)

At any rate -- always be careful what you type to anyone on the computer because things can be saved, printed, copied, forwarded, etc. And then there's always the dreaded "oooops, I sent that to the WRONG person" incident!

Bookmark   November 26, 2006 at 12:34PM
More Discussions
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
2015 Lotto Blocks
Finished Feb. Lotto block and want to get started on...
ibquiltn4fun
Still having trouble separating my GW and H accounts
Just posting this to be sure it works after I confirmed....
quiltnhen
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™