Retiling and Painting Pool

weaseMay 18, 2013

So I have a gunite pool that's fairly old but in good shape. How long can I have my pool drained to remove the old tile, install and grout new tile and then prime and paint the surface? This may take a while.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glitter_and_guns

I don't have any help answers about your question, but I had to just ask, are you sure that you want to paint it? I recently bought a house that has had paint on the pool for just a matter of a few months and the paint is coming off like crazy. It is ending up the filter and causing the filter to need cleaned far more often that it really should need. It looks terrible. And the cost to have the paint remove has been bid to me at everything from $1000 to $3500. Maybe there are better paints out there, but mine is a huge mess. I hate that the seller painted it.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 8:05AM
wease

Sounds to me like you got a bad paint job. Pool painted to sell the house is what it looks like. If done right, paint can last for 5+ years. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 10:01AM
glitter_and_guns

Wease, very best of luck with it. There are some paint reviews on this board and also on trouble free pools. One of those may mention how long they had their pool empty.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 9:19PM
More Discussions
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
Screen around pool
Hi, This may not be the best forum for this question,...
ladoladi
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™