I'm not myself,

glassquiltOctober 26, 2006

IÂm really shook up and I donÂt know why unless IÂm a bit nervous with my surgery on Halloween. The store has canned music from a service and IÂve heard the same songs over & over since I started. ItÂs nice music that IÂm familiar with and I hum or sing along.

Tonight I almost lost it when they played "Wind Beneath My Wings". They played that at my DadÂs funeral  he died in May 1993. I was back at the church, sitting with family, the sun was shining. Why I should be so upset tonight when I havenÂt been for the past 2½ months I donÂt know. I think IÂll go have a good cry.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grammyp

Oh glassquilt, I am so sorry. I hope you are feeling better now. I'm sure it is stress with the upcoming surgery. We can all get emotional when facing something so stressful. Old memories good and bad can appear from a song, smell, or sight. Once this is over and things are better I think you will feel much better.

beverly

Bookmark   October 26, 2006 at 11:25PM
scraphappy

glassquilt - The feelings you're having - and probably the fears - are perfectly normal. Put your trust in your medical team, and know that you will appreciate the results of their skill. We'll all send you our prayers and thoughts for a successful surgery, and a quick recovery. Before you know it this will all be in the past. - Sharon

Bookmark   October 27, 2006 at 10:33AM
ddavisgray

Glassguilt, things will work out for you. How was your 'good cry'? Did it help. Sometimes, I get so much built stress and tension, that a 'good cry' in the bathroom helps.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for peace of mind and the upcoming surgery.

Please keep posting, sometimes it helps just to talk.
I know it helps me to listen.

doris

Bookmark   October 27, 2006 at 12:15PM
glassquilt

Yes, I had a good cry and that helped. It just caught me off guard. Up to that point I thought I had everything pretty much under control. Not.

Thank goodness for this forum - putting it down in writing, getting my thoughts together enough to do so, is very carthartic.

Bookmark   October 27, 2006 at 12:58PM
lots2do

Hi Glassquilt,
It makes a lot of sense to me that you would be feeling anxious - even if you have buried those feelings deep inside of you. It still bothers me that you don't know how this injury happened to you...and that has to stir up memories of your parents as well.
I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers on Halloween. You've been waiting for this for a long time and have had to live through a lot of hassles to get to this point.
Continue to be kind to your self.
Take care,
Kelly

Bookmark   October 29, 2006 at 7:05AM
More Discussions
Jamestown Landing ready to quilt.
I got the top done and loaded onto the frame. I am...
jackier123
a question regarding binding
I know. I'm just full of questions. I want to make...
donna_loomis
Washing polyester quilt tops?
Hello, My granny recently gave me a couple of quilt...
anniebeagle
Q for you re blue jean quilts
A group of ladies and myself will be making quilts...
bev2009
Quilting ideas please
The sailboat quilt will be put in the frame this evening....
grammyp
Sponsored Products
Bruck | Bling I Down Pendant Light
$135.00 | YLighting
Zuo Daytona Espresso Rocking Chair
Euro Style Lighting
Dome S I Pendant
Lightology
Lumisource Lamps 9 in. Black Table Lamp LS-DISCO 6M
$17.05 | Home Depot
Upton Home Corbyn 3-piece Mirror Set
Overstock.com