Returns and drains

lexi0088May 4, 2011

So we have taken on the whole "self building" project of a pool and spa with the help of my brother-in-law (landscape architect). Our gunite is poured and equipment is in and all looks well, now we have to start thinking about the little things. I need to know what type of returns to buy. We have 7 returns in the pool, including 1 for the beach entry (center). We also have 2 "water feature" slots on the beach entry that are not on a seperate pump, these are intended to squirt up a little bit of water for the kiddos. Oh, and we have a spa with 6 or 7 jets. Our piping is 2". What do I need to buy or even begin looking for and where? All of my pool equipment was purchased at poolsupplyworld.com. Also, I would love recommendations on drains as well

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

This should have been determined before you shot the pool.

Why is where you got your equipment relevant? As far as I am concerned, they are spammers and I would never, ever, give them the time of day.

Scott

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 6:10PM
lexi0088

Oh my, you caught me off guard by your response. I have been searching this site for the last few months and was very impressed by the friendliness and great answers. Before the pool was shot, my brother in law planned out where all the returns would go, but he was unsure as to part numbers we needed to buy. The reason I mentioned where we bought our equipment was because maybe someone could tell me if this place had them, or if we could go to a local supply store and pick them up. I never even mentioned whether we had a good or bad experience with pool supply world either, my post was asking specific questions about equipment. Am I on the wrong blog, or is there someone else out there that can give me genuine advance?

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 11:25AM
poolguynj

PSW earned their rep. It wouldn't be the first time the tried to go around the rules. It is not meant as a personal affront against you.

For the 2" pipe pool returns, I think Waterway Plastics' 215-9890 (white), 9891 (black), 9897 (gray), 9899DKG (dark gray) will bring the pipe end to 1.5" FPT so regular threaded pool returns will fit.

For the spa jets, what bodies were installed?

For the drain covers, what drain pots, if any?

Scott

Bookmark   May 7, 2011 at 7:04AM
More Discussions
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Pool builder search sugar land, tx
Hi guys! Were closing on our brand new home in sugar...
mtrade01
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™