Barn + Fabric + Lights =

Aunt_NetSeptember 18, 2006

Wish I could post a pic, I promise to learn how after this wedding (6 days). We have almost all the lights and fabric up in the barn and it is so pretty, it is almost fairy tale like or princess like. I have the arch for the ceremony area in the house draping it in white and making a swag of pink roses, I'm making one just like it to put in the barn where we have the cake table. Since the ceremony is at sunset we will be limited on pics outside. DD found a pic of roman type pillars draped and I was afraid we were going to have to buy some after I had already bought 2 arches on clearance but she is happy with the arches.

So glad that we got about 2 inches of rain today, went out to the ceremony area and created the center aisle by driving four tall arches into the ground. Couldn't get that done until we got some rain. Now just get the 45 shephards' hooks in place and finish decorating the 45 mason jars with candles in them and move 75 potted plants into place and finish all the swags. I can do this!!!

Thanks for letting me vent alittle, and brag alittle. LOL

Aunt Net

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Islay_Corbel

I can see how beautful this is going to be. Even a dark pic will be wonderful!

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 3:48AM
lots2do

Wow! It sounds just beautiful. Your daughter is so lucky that you've gone through all of this for her. I hope that you are all able to relax and enjoy the day!
Kelly

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 6:17AM
grammyp

Oh, I wish you had been around with my wedding. You are much more creative than I am. Sounds wonderful, can't wait for pictures. If you can get a digital camera you can adjust for the light and the pictures should be wonderful.

beverly

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 9:17AM
glassquilt

Did you remember to book a photographer? Ha-ha
I went to wedding with round tables and each table has a disposable camera so that we could take candid pictures of each other.

Maybe you can ask several guests to take those twilight shots. Someone will get the pictures you need. I have noticed that the digital camera I got last summer takes better pictures than my fatherÂs real camera. (It had extra lenses, etc.) I've been able to get good pictures in reduced light with it. I have always taking lots pictures and since I got my digital I'm unstoppable.

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 9:25AM
bkfdwife

that sounds beautiful! we so need pictures!
If I may, have someone with a digital turn their flash off, support the camera well, and take some pictures that way. Make sure they are very steady until the picture is done processing, so not to blur. Some of my best twilight shots have been done this way! Can't wait to see it! Your daughter is very fortunate to have you share your craftiness, and your barn!
Lisa

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 7:00PM
gerizone5

What great ideas for a wedding. Can't wait to see the pictures. DD is very lucky.

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 9:27PM
rosajoe_gw

I can't wait to see the pictures. I catered my DD's wedding that was supposed to be small. It kept growing and growing and growing!!!!
She will have a one of a kind wedding that she will treasure forever.
Rosa

Bookmark   September 23, 2006 at 11:50AM
More Discussions
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
2015 February Block Lotto
(posting this a bit early so you can get a head start...
toolgranny
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™