I can't believe this!

vicky4x4August 7, 2007

Another trip to the ER, can you believe it my son got strung by another bee!!!! This time on the ear, it blew up like a balloon. I got Benadryl into him right away but he was feeling a tightness in his chest so off I went to the ER. He is ok, I just can not believe all that's happened this summer.

I need a break today.

Vicky

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennifer_in_va

sounds like you need to get dear DR. to prescribe you an epi pen to keep handy!!!

Hope he's feeling better now.

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 10:08PM
Islay_Corbel

Stings can be so scary when you're allergic.

Bookmark   August 8, 2007 at 3:23AM
bonica

You should be getting an epi pen every summer. If he takes a direct hit or multiple hits you won't have time for anything else. It's a "better safe than sorry" thing.
Our DD got 7 stings before we could cross the yard and get her outta that mess!!
Bon
:)

Bookmark   August 8, 2007 at 7:36AM
laurainsdca

Wow, that's scary. Glad he is ok -- that epi pen sounds like a good idea... And Bon -- 7 stings? That's crazy scary.

OK, I know, a dog can't REALLY compare to a child, but the other day I was walking ours and one started freaking out over her foot. I couldn't find anything wrong but called DH w/ my cell and he was there in an instant to pick us up. She threw up. Got home, she threw up about 5 more times and was listless for a couple hours. We couldn't get a hold of the vet but realized she wasn't going to die so did not take her to emergency. Finally, I found a tiny bee stinger in the top of her foot. I took it out and she perked up. (Timing was coincidence, I'm sure.) Scary stuff.

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 12:01AM
More Discussions
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
Still having trouble separating my GW and H accounts
Just posting this to be sure it works after I confirmed....
quiltnhen
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
Free Zelda Quilt Along to start soon
http://www.quiltinglinda.com/category-quilting/2015/02/16/free-zelda-quilt-along/ For...
lindaoh_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™