zuri ??????

dreddJune 3, 2013

Anyone have any experience or seen or even heard of these from friends or anyone who used it as their decking material. I know its super new but when we went to the store to choose a Trex color, they had this on display and DH fell in love with it. Looks like real wood, but its all PVC. Anyone used this or knows anyone who got a deck built with it? Im very curious to know about any firsthand issues etc

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dfw17

I am interested to hear any information on Zuri, too. We just had a huge tree take out our entire red cedar deck during a major storm, and now we are going to replace the deck from the ground up. (Luckily our house proper was spared.) We live on the edge of the woods, and although I loved the look of the cedar, I didn't like the maintenance and quite frankly we didn't do a very good job at keeping it maintained.

My husband wants to do everything uber low maintenance on the new deck (no staining or sealing!), where I have been leaning toward ipe decking with PVC railing. I think the composites look too plastic-y for our house/neighborhood.

Then I saw a Zuri deck display and thought maybe this would be a PVC deck that I could live with. I understand that it has only been manufactured for the past 2 years, so I am concerned about lack of track record with the product.

Does anyone have any experience, or other information?

Thanks,
DJ

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 9:35PM
More Discussions
question about fencing
Hi, I know this isn't a fencing forum but I couldn't...
pitpat
How bad is this- builder did not use stainless screws on ipe?
I have a mess on my hands and would appreciate any...
LaylaJane
My partially completed Ipe deck, I got some questions...
Ok so I researched Ipe for a while and finally got...
jjd95
Gravel/Crushed Rock for a Patio
We are in the process of purchasing a house in Boynton...
splais
building a deck into a retaining wall
Hi all, My contractor says he can build a deck right...
oonae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™