solid surface decking material?

dlr98004June 7, 2006

has anyone ever used a solid surface material like this? It is applied over exterior grade plywood and then gets troweled/rolled on. We're thinking it may be an inexpensive alternative to ipe. Any thoughts/experiences would be greatly appreciated. One deck is 8' off the ground, about 12x40. The other deck is small - 6x12, really just a stoop off the sliding glass door. Only 8" off the ground on one side and 30" off the ground on the other. Located near Seattle, western exposure, no big trees nearby. We are experienced do-it-yourselfers. thanks for your advise! diane

http://www.gaco.com/decking.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pressurepros

I am introducing a solution for deck floors to my customers next year. The floors and steps are what requires the most maintenance. The product I use on rails can last for 4-5 years but the floor loses its freshness after a season or two.

My solution is similar to above but has more aesthetic appeal. I don't reall have a link to send you to other than the one below. You cannot buy the products from this company until you are certified to install them but perhaps you can search for decorative concrete overlays via google.

The issue of course is safety and load. Be sure to have you deck evaluated for structural rigidity. A 500 s/f deck that sits 8' off the ground would have to be very solidly built to hold either the system you mentioned above or the one I of which I spoke.

www.puretexture.com

Bookmark   June 7, 2006 at 9:25AM
More Discussions
Ipe deck with wood boring insect holes
Had a deck built of Ipe about a year ago in the Bay...
sigepsb1
Patio Railings
We are building a new covered patio and need to use...
ezski
Exposed wiring in patio cover
We are building a new backyard patio cover and the...
vweidman
Gate--advice needed.
See picture below. I'm looking to wrap up a fence...
vtsteveo
decisions-HELP
My aging parents need new front and back steps leading...
katkat
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Chandra Rugs Rupec Navy/Beige 5 ft. x 7
Home Depot
Westover Bronze Two-Light Outdoor Wall Lantern
$179.90 | Bellacor
DreamLine Flex 32-36" Adjustable W x 36" D x 76-3/4" H Frameless Shower Enclosur
Modern Bathroom
Chipperfield w102 Table/Task Lamp - Wastberg
$675.00 | HORNE
Jesper Office | Parsons Ladder Desk With Bookcase
YLiving.com
Classic Two-Tone Oil Rubbed Bronze Single Handle Faucet with Pull Down Spout
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™