Cadets, Cadets and more Cadets.....

irishdancersgramAugust 7, 2007

Any woman with a weak heart should not be subjected to soooo many cadets...We got back last night from a wonderful trip to West Point and it's going to take me a long time to recover...I had posted that these cadets had been on a 6 week, in the field, training and would be returning to West Point on Sunday...We got word that to see the run back, you had to be on Post before 6:00AM as they were closing down all the roads...It was without a doubt, an experience I will never forget...To see between 1100 and 1300 cadets in shorts and Tshirts coming through the gates at West Point after doing a 10 mile run, was a sight...These guys and gals had just been on a very physical 6 week training and they looked and sounded like they had been on vacation....Of course most of them lost alot of weight, DGD boyfriend, lost 20 pounds...We brought him back home with us and needless to say, he's been sleeping ever since....What a weekend! Sorry to go on and on....

Dorothy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

Dorothy, you have to stay away from West Point! LOL

Donna

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 3:33PM
cannahavana

Did you by chance take pictures? :)

Rebecca

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 3:42PM
irishdancersgram

I did take pictures but I'm still in the dark ages, I use a camera that needs film???? I'm working on getting up to date and getting a new camera...
Dorothy

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 4:13PM
More Discussions
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
Another feature found
So, I found another feature that I thought you a) might...
jennifer_in_va
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 20-22
I have been cross-stitching a birdhouse bookmark for...
quiltingfox
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™