SunTouch Firmware

numphressMay 6, 2012

I have been lurking for several weeks but I think it is time to post a question. We moved into an existing home about 10 months ago and I have been dealing with matters other than the pool but now I have a question or two. We have an inground pool that is about 8 years old. No spa or heater. One speed pump operated by the old school two pole Intermatic which is in the same box as the subpanel. According to neighbors, solar panels were added several years ago and are operated via Pentair Suntouch.

I am considering upgrading to a variable speed pump and I would like to use the ST to automate ( I realize at a pretty basic level) the system. The ST has firmware version 1.0 which does not include VS capabilities. I guess I have a few questions. Can the circuit board on the 1.0 be updated to the llatest version? If so, is it worth the cost of having a professional upgrade the system or should I put the firmware upgrade money towards EasyTouch or IntelliTouch?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
uskiman

If you are upgrading your pump to a Pentair VS, you may want to consider looking at the Intermatic MultiWave to control both your pump and your other equipment. It�s 1/3 of the price, more versatile, and firmware updates are free. Just a thought.

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 9:20AM
More Discussions
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
Diaphragm in Barracuda cleaners keeps getting torn
We have second home in FL with pool built in late 70s'==like...
loves2read
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™