Hey...

scootersgirlAugust 22, 2009

I haven't been around much in the last year, not even to just read. I started working part time last summer and I now have 2 kids in school.

My daughter is now in 1st grade and my older son is in kindergarden. The youngest (some of you may remember him from the first retreat at Camp Cheerio) is now 2 and potty training.

I work as a seamstress making custom draperies, pillows and bedding. I've learned a lot over the last year. Some things from the custom work I've been able to work into my quilts to make them more unique and adding dimention and intrest. I'm still color 'challenged' if you know what I mean.

I just wanted to say hello and let all of you that I remember know I'm still here and kicking.

Georgia

scootersgirl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grammyp

Good to hear from you Georgia. I was looking at the pictures from camp just yesterday. Hard to believe it has been 2 years. Hope you can make it to another retreat soon.

beverly

Bookmark   August 23, 2009 at 12:41PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Hi Georgia, I remember seeing you in the picture. Glad to hear you're still sewing/quilting.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 7:15PM
sunnycentralfl

Georgia,
Good to hear from you...you are a busy gal! Glad things are going so well...come join us, if you can...we'd love to see pics of your quilts, when you have the time....

Gwen

Bookmark   August 27, 2009 at 1:57PM
deannabsd

Welcome Georgia.
Good to have some conversation over here. Deanna

Bookmark   August 30, 2009 at 9:37AM
fran1523

Hi Georgia,

Hard to believe little Mikey is 2. I missed Quilt Camp last year but am going again this year. I can't wait. Glad to hear your family is doing well. Drop in when you can and post pictures of your work.

Fran

Bookmark   September 8, 2009 at 9:28AM
rosajoe_gw

Hi Georgia,
I was really busy over the summer and I didn't post as much either. Life sometimes gets in the way LOL! I would love to see pics of the pillows and bedding too.
I was a single parent and worked full time so I know just how much time you have left over each day. NADA!
Rosa

Bookmark   September 8, 2009 at 1:42PM
jennifer_in_va

Georgia, I can't believe that I missed this! But then, I've not been on as much either. lol

Glad to hear the family is doing well. Also nice to hear that you are finding some time to quilt. It does a body good!!

Take care and hope to see you at retreat again soon!
Jennifer

Bookmark   September 21, 2009 at 8:20AM
More Discussions
Are you quilting this weekend? March 13-15
I started today with a shopping trip with DD and Sami....
lindaoh_gw
Kandu Coat?
I'm contemplating starting one, but the directions...
michigoose
Just finished
Pattern called Diamond Double from Cozy Quilt. If you...
nannykins
First & Second completed quilted table runners I made...
This is the second one I made... I made this for my...
shihtzu4su
a question regarding binding
I know. I'm just full of questions. I want to make...
donna_loomis
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™