Would you put your speed oven in an island?

PattyjillMarch 22, 2013

I'm trying to figure out where to put my Advantium or whatever speed oven I decide on. I've seen a few pix of the oven in islands and wonder if its works out ok or awkward. Any thoughts? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dodge59

Unless you have the 120 volt Advantium, I don't think, with the exception of the Miele, that any of the 220 volt speed ovens are approved for under counter, (Island) installations.

To Me, the best place for Islands are in the Pacific!

Gary

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 5:53PM
marcolo

Advantiums are not approved for undercounter installation.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 5:53PM
a2gemini

I have an Advantium 240 - but not in an island.
I don't think I would like having to bend down to use the controls but that is my personal opinion.
BTW - love my Advantium - It came down to the Elux, Miele, and the Advantium.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 9:14PM
decolisa

I have a Miele speed oven on my island, and I don't think this is the optimal situation for most people. Since I have both a conventional oven and a steam oven, the speed oven is really a luxury, and it isn't something I use every day.

For me, it's fine, and I am really comfortable with bending down to use it. However, I suspect that others would find this problematic if using the oven heavily, especially as a microwave and you're bending down for a few seconds at a time in 60 second bursts.

There were other things I didn't want to give up, and I thought long and hard about the location. Be sure you're prepared for the bending, especially if you have kids and may be re-heating lots of times per day.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 10:50AM
beekeeperswife

my miele speed oven is in the island. I don't mind it all all. My steam oven is in the island too. No complaints.

(sorry about the green water in the vase, ick. I changed it after I took this pic when I realized how it looked in the pic. However the clean-water-pic doesn't show the oven as well!)

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 11:20AM
More Discussions
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Gray Tile Grout - hideous HELP!!
Please help! I asked my tile guy to update our backsplash....
isheryl
Help me with my Appliance Allowance - $15k
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
Any regrets choosing dark hardwood floors?
I think dark hardwood floors look beautiful with off...
peemps
Suggestions on this kitchen plan
Please give me your comments on this floor plan. The...
12crumbles
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™