Gods Will???

bonicaAugust 4, 2007

I don't know who else is watching Big Brother but I do and I've been pathetically into "it's God Will" this week.

I've lost my (dangerous)Clover iron!!!!!

Picture this...

It's 98 hot degrees. I'm sitting in my sewingroom naked with all the fans blowing and all my finished appliqué pieces ready. I'm trying this fusible interfacing method and I want to iron/attach the centers so I can smooth the edges as I hand sew them. I reached for my tiny iron and it's not there!!!!!!!!!

How can you lose something that has a 3 foot cord dangling from it??????? I can't find it..all day I can't find it.

I finally just slapped down the big iron..never mind the edges...I don't care no more.

Love ya!

Bon

:)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caroline1947

AWWW Bon!!! Did you ever try the tip of a curling iron???Works ok in a pinch! (((HUGS))

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 9:46AM
Rene54

Bon, I don't know! LOL but I've watched a few big brother, they have turned scarry! Do you think God took the iron? Hope you find it, I'll keep mine close by me this weekend. Don't want anything to happen to it. Rene

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 9:48AM
cannahavana

Bon, ironing+naked=ouch! Be careful! LOL.

Rebecca

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 10:18AM
redpenny

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 11:52AM
biwako_of_abi

At least you haven't lost your sense of humor. A similar thing happened to me. One day I was, as usual, wearing my computer glasses during my piano lesson, and practically as soon as the teacher left, I couldn't find them any more. I have looked everywhere in the succeeding months, but no glasses. (Found some money and some novelty squares that had disappeared, though.)
I hope your wicked little iron turns up.

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 11:59AM
vicky4x4

Thanks ladies! I needed the laughs this post gave me!

Vicky

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 12:21PM
gillian_41

Thanks for the laugh Bon!!!
Ironing nekked sounds mighty dangerous.
Gillian.

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 12:39PM
stitches

Watch out for the hot stuff! I was looking all over the house for some software. I thought maybe it was at my mom's house. Still I kept looking. Then would you believe it... I found it with my other software. I had put it where it belongs and couldn't find it. Good grief...

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 12:52PM
biwako_of_abi

Now THAT'S getting pretty bad, Stitches! It shows that you lose things so frequently that it doesn't even occur to you to look in the place where thing should be! (Not that I don't do that every so often, myself. lol)

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 6:37PM
teresa_nc7

Does anyone else have a "safe place" where they put something so they know they can find it later? I spent quite a lot of time making out a supplies list for a bread class I'm teaching this coming week - then I couldn't find it anywhere. It was tucked in some other papers (printed out patterns or recipes) and I didn't find it until I had wasted even more time making another list. Sheesssssh!

When my time comes, I'm sure they will find my poor spent body under a pile of paper.....
Teresa

Bookmark   August 5, 2007 at 8:48AM
biwako_of_abi

If it's a piece of paper, then it goes under my keyboard, or else on the slanted wooden book holder that lives on the kitchen table.

Bookmark   August 5, 2007 at 1:14PM
marti8a

My dh might want me to quilt more if I did it nekkid. LOL

Bookmark   August 5, 2007 at 2:59PM
empress

LOL, Marti!! I thought you were right, then I realized my husbnad would probably "interrupt" my quilting a lot, or just get in the way, if I were nekkid. And, DO NOT even think about using the rotary cutter!!

Bookmark   August 5, 2007 at 4:01PM
cannahavana

If we all quilted naked, men would turn it into a pay per view sporting event.

GIRLS GONE QUILTING!

Bookmark   August 6, 2007 at 11:03AM
faytay

Hey Bon,

I watch BB and even though I (boo hoo hoo) like Amber as a person (boo hoo hoo) I WISH SHE WAS GONE!!!! Although I don't think she has cried yet this week. The vote should be interesting on Thursday..... I hope Eric stays. Should make things exciting.

Faye

Bookmark   August 8, 2007 at 6:13AM
bonica

LOL!! It's about time somebody noticed Eric!! I hope he stays too. Evil Dick is very clever..he's my DH's hero!
Bon

Bookmark   August 8, 2007 at 7:43AM
csackett

You girls are such fun! I couldn't stand seeing all this flab! It would depress me so bad I couldn't quilt. CS

Bookmark   August 8, 2007 at 8:46AM
csackett

Wait! Before anyone misinterrupts my statement, I meant MY flab not anyone else's. I don't want anyone to get upset about my post. I was talking about my body. CS

Bookmark   August 8, 2007 at 8:50AM
bonica

Oh Hey! There ain't no mirrors around here!!!!
I even took the one off my mama's antique dresser and gave it to a friend to hang on her wall...which BTW she hasn't done yet!
AND I don't do that unless I'm alone in the house ya know.
DH does but he thinks he's cute..uhuh!
Maybe we've just lived in the woods too long?
LOL
Bon

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 8:43AM
rosajoe_gw

Ya'll are SO BRAVE. My limit is sewing bare footed and even then I step on pins that I TRY to pick up when I drop them!!!!!!!
I sweat too much to go neckedy.
Rosa

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 12:48PM
polardreams

This is too funny .... DH would LOVE it if I quilted naked ... Teresa - I keep REALLY important papers I don't want to loose in the kitchen cabinet with my measuring cups -for good measure! It seems to work as long as it's only a FEW important papers!

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 1:09PM
cannahavana

Hmmmm... I sew in front of a full glass door with a view into the neighbors front yard. Maybe he would be "encouraged" to do some yard work, like clean up all the crap he has lying around if I sewed nekkid!

Rebecca

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 4:19PM
suellen_delawares

Bon, have you found the iron yet? My mom would loose crochet hooks and scissors. She would just go out and buy another. You can only imagine how many we found in her home after she died.
I agree with empress. If I quilted naked my husband would interrupt my quilting. Living on 20 acres with neighbors over 1/2 mile away has its advantages. I figure if anyone uses binoculars they have earned it.
Thanks for the laugh

Suellen

Bookmark   August 14, 2007 at 12:19AM
bonica

Yes I did find it! I have a very large waste basket full of stuff..ribbons, laces, trims, scraps of velvet.."stuff". I'd shoved it down in there..musta been mad at the thing!
Oh I would never do that with DH around. He'd be such a pest. Besides I'm way too self conscious..I even put the dog outside!!!
Bon

Bookmark   August 14, 2007 at 7:05AM
Rene54

Bon, glad God brought the iron back, I really got a kick out of this post, many years ago, I use to lock the door and strip down and mop the floors on my hands and knees. Do do that anymore, can't get up is I get down, plus I would kneel on the girls, lots of southern women use to do that Rene

Bookmark   August 15, 2007 at 11:47PM
dian57

Wasn't that a Playboy spread some years ago--Women of Quilter's College?

Naked quilting, quite the concept.

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 7:53AM
Aunt_Net

Oh my! How I have missed you gals this summer! DH was having a bad day and I read him this post and suddenly his day got better. Asked me if I was planning any nakked mopping or quilting! LOL
I might have to plan some nakked quilting, went shopping today at a quilt store that is closing. I was bad, very bad.

Aunt Net

Bookmark   August 28, 2007 at 10:25PM
hayden2239

Oh, Aunt Net...when you're very bad...you're great!

This post is quite the chuckle!

Bookmark   August 30, 2007 at 1:57PM
janice__indiana5

How on earth did I miss this post??? You girls are sooo funny! Me quilt nekkid??? That could be dangerous, as I'm always losing a needle, besides I end up asking for DH help and well.....Nothing would ever get done :)

Janice

Bookmark   September 9, 2007 at 12:48AM
More Discussions
a question regarding binding
I know. I'm just full of questions. I want to make...
donna_loomis
Q for you re blue jean quilts
A group of ladies and myself will be making quilts...
bev2009
Jamestown Landing ready to quilt.
I got the top done and loaded onto the frame. I am...
jackier123
Just finished
Pattern called Diamond Double from Cozy Quilt. If you...
nannykins
Sewing Cabinet opening size
I have a new Babylock Crescendo sewing machine (equivalent...
kimwebs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™