question about carpet remnants , did post on flooring

SarinaMarch 5, 2013

I posted over there but got one response . I was wondering f when I move in to my new home it will have a hardwood great room and to buy and big size nice rug will cost 2k to 3 k from what I have seen. Do people still use carpet remnants they have bound in large sizes to use as area rug? I was thinking I could do that until I save up to get a rug. What do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annkh_nd

My Mom did, just a couple of years ago. It wasn't a big piece, but it was definitely a remnant.

Years ago we got a beautiful wool rug for our dining room - at Sam's Club, of all places. I wish I had gotten another one just like it for the living room. After 10 years it still looks brand new.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 5:42PM
ILoveRed

I chose a fairly inexpensive carpet (not a remnant) to go over the cork floor in my basement family room and had it edged. I think it was something like 1.25 a linear ft to have it edged.

I didn't want a big investment because this room gets a lot of wear and tear frm kids.

I would think any carpet place can get a rug edged for you. And don't limit yourself to remnants.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 7:20PM
ppbenn

I've done this in the past and plan on doing this again for a dining room. I think I paid the local carpet store around $2.00 a running foot.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 8:21PM
Sarina

Thank all :)

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 11:21PM
tinan

We did this to create a custom shaped rug for our entryway in previous home - wanted it to run into the coat closet to protect the floor from dirty shoes. It looked great and was very cheap.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 11:51PM
More Discussions
Left/Right/Center & Related Hand & Faucet Questions
I've searched & read countless threads here over...
Carrie B
Can we still email.....
like you could on the old GW, if you were set up to...
bicyclegirl1
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
Dishwasher in white, black or panel??
My 17 year old dishwasher needs to be replaced. It...
shellking
Dishwasher placement: 36" or 12" from the sink???
I have seen several pix of DW been placed NOT next...
eleena
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™