LOL got hubby hooked..............

redpennyJuly 20, 2007

Well DH and I went to the thrift store together on Thursday 2 times in 1 day LOL....and we got a lot of bargins.......

so today he said to me want to go to the thrift store of course I said YES.............so we went and browsed....DH bought a couple of things later he said I was looking for something I seen yesterday but it was gone LOL....so I told him well now when I tell you you have to buy it when you see it you know I am not kidding..............he told me he couldn't believe how crowed it was...........I told him if you think they were crowed you haven;t seen nothing yet............LOL so now on his days off he wants to go.......

Red

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vicky4x4

My husband is hooked on Trift stores. As I sit here and look around half the stuff we own has come from them. We got a set of vertical blinds for the unbelievable price of 99 cents, not one thing wrong with them. He would bring home furniture but I had to put a stop to it. I live in a very small house! It's a fun hobby.

Vicky

Bookmark   July 21, 2007 at 8:36AM
minnie_tx

DS and I go to them and love the Estates sales the best. Everything is usually very neat and tagged with the price and indoors

Bookmark   July 21, 2007 at 1:49PM
Woodsy

Hubby and I go all the time. We have a rule: is there a place to put it..and/or...do we have a use for it. If yes, we buy. When I met hubby he had more stuff than he could fit in a circus tent! It is all gone now. He used to think that if it was a "deal" he should buy it..but I've managed to change that. (whew).
Woodsy

Bookmark   July 22, 2007 at 2:31AM
rosajoe_gw

I love thrift stores!!! We don't have as many here, everyone in rural America uses everything until it wears out or throws it in the attic!!!
Rosa

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 6:32PM
love2sew

We have thrift stores but what are estate sales you go to....we have garage sales where people sell stuff that they don't want...I don't go to them anymore because they have turned into pure junk that should go to the dump. Sounds like estate sales are where you find good stuff. Just enquiring mind?
Jean

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 12:45AM
coalaska

Around here, some people will advertize a garage sale as an estate sale just to get interest. Plus, resellers hit the sales early and buy out the good stuff. And most thrift stores here charge WAY too much.

Where my parents live, everyone is responsible for hauling their own trash to the dump. This small town has an area to the side (dubbed "the Thrift Store") where people put still useable items.

Cheryl

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 12:16AM
More Discussions
Retreat finishes: 2013-2014
Three down...don't ask how many more to go :-)! All...
littlehelen_gw
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
Selecting fabric - need opinions
Hi! I'm working on a black and white quilt. Each...
jlt37869
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™