Holiday plans?

irishdancersgramJuly 3, 2007

Here's hoping everyone has a safe, healthy holiday...I'm off for a short trip to West Point to visit with my DGD's boyfriend...What better place to spend the 4th, surrounded by thousands of handsome cadets. I might be old, but I sure can enjoy the scenery. Enjoy the day, everyone!

Dorothy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bkfdwife

haha..Dorothy, I remember your account of the last trip to West Point, and will be waiting for another!LOL Safe travels to all, we'll have the kids over for a BBQ, unless of course we have a 4th baby!!!! You never know what that lil one is thinking!
Happy Fourth all!
Lisa

Bookmark   July 3, 2007 at 5:18PM
biwako_of_abi

At 9AM, going to the local Yardagetown to enjoy their 50%-off sale. Laura, if you see this and are interested, it's the one on 3rd Ave., between J & K, and the sale is only on till noon. (If anyone is wondering, I have no connection with this store, except as a customer.) Last Saturday I finally found a fabric there that I think would be good for my first stack 'n whack. Hope it's still there tomorrow and there's enough of it left! The rest of the day, I'll be working a bit on the "relaxing corner" I have started paving in the garden and sewing on a quilt someone ordered.

Bookmark   July 3, 2007 at 6:55PM
amazingcm

I plan on finishing my stack and whack borders and working on my 4th of July swap blocks think I have an idea for them. But if DD#2 shows up it will all be put aside for wedding planning... I think DH has to work so should be a quiet day... grace

Bookmark   July 3, 2007 at 8:17PM
anjea

Not really sure yet, but my 16 y.o. SIL is here visiting for the week! The only thing that is certain is that we're going to see the Transformers movie at the Alamo Drafthouse...

Bookmark   July 3, 2007 at 8:26PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I'll probably make a few more book bags for the Haiti school my DD's church plans to start, and also look thru my closet and seriously consider what I'm going to pack for my 2 to 3 month stay up north. DD told me to bring my passport! Yeah, right!!!!!

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   July 3, 2007 at 8:36PM
grammyp

I will be at work all day. Have fun Dorothy, get us lots of pictures.

I hope everyone has a safe Independence Day.

beverly

Bookmark   July 3, 2007 at 10:59PM
marti8a

Why Dorothy, I'm shocked! LOL

I'm going to paint my sewing room....again. I just can't find a color I like. Maybe this is the right one.

Bookmark   July 3, 2007 at 11:12PM
polardreams

We've been gone the last 2-1/2 weeks and another trip coming up on the 18th ... guess we'll try to get some chores done early. The house painters showed up this morning and we still haven't picked the color ... good thing they are caulking, scraping & power washing first!!! We do need to trim back some of the bushes so they can find the house!

One of my teaching partners is having a bbq so we'll head there in the afternoon -her DH owns an Italian restaurant so the food will be fabulous! Now to come up with a side dish ...

Have a safe 4th!
Sue

Bookmark   July 3, 2007 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
Latest for my neighbor
Made this for my good neighbor who keeps our driveway...
nanajayne
Q for you re blue jean quilts
A group of ladies and myself will be making quilts...
bev2009
Washing polyester quilt tops?
Hello, My granny recently gave me a couple of quilt...
anniebeagle
Showing off 2 quilts my Mom made!
She gave me this one: This one is for friends of my...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Jamestown Landing ready to quilt.
I got the top done and loaded onto the frame. I am...
jackier123
Sponsored Products
MC 813005 17.3 ft C3 Green Wire 50 LED Christmas Lights
EnvironmentalLights.com
Paula Deen Signature Dinnerware Southern Pine 4-piece Green Mug Set
Overstock.com
Charles Grande Loveseat in Black
$749.00 | LexMod
Super Elliptical Table
Design Within Reach
Green 18-Inch Christmas Santa Believe Throw Pillow
$24.99 | Bellacor