Pool Decking

jeffandhollieApril 21, 2013

My wife and I are pricing out our backyard remodel and are looking at putting in a pool. We have found some great PB based on recommendations from neighbors. My question is regarding the decking.

All 3 pool builders have said they would install the travertine coping for us and all me to do the decking afterward. This could save us quite a bit of money and let me do some DIY, which I love and do whenever I can. Is there anything wrong or anything to be cautious of with this approach?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pools94

Just insure that you comply with the proper bonding requirements.

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
truxtc102

I actually wish that I subcontract the decking to save cost since I didn't even know about that option for myself. PB is just going to be the middle man and mark up that cost anyway! That's why I'm planning to just get enough decking to save me the time for now and upgrade or put in more decking later. I had met someone recently who hired a part time construction guy who did a wonderful job on his pavers decking for 5/sq foot! materials and labor! Of course I got the guy's phone number saved and will call in the future!..:)

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 6:04PM
More Discussions
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
Pool builder search sugar land, tx
Hi guys! Were closing on our brand new home in sugar...
mtrade01
Our Pool Remodel with Mr. Carlos Pools
So after much searching and many quotes from diffirent...
evepineda02
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™