second guessing using pebble fina vs the peeble sheen

chickadee4April 17, 2013

We are a few days away from the construction crew descending on my home front. The hubby has let me research, interview, and choose every single step of this pool build. I am a nervous wreck cause he now has decided to get involved.
Anytime I have a project I consider function, design and price. I really do not want to get into acid washing the pool so instead of the grey plaster I choose the pebble fina. The price increase to the sheen is another 26 hundred dollars.
Would you recommend the Sheen over the fina?
Is the Sheen a better product and more durable ?
Do home owners choose the Peble Sheen more due to color choices or that the Pebble fina tends to show stains?
If I screw up I will never hear the end of this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chickadee4

I am going to answer my own post since I have the answer.
ONly doing this for future pool shoppers.

I contacted Pebble tech asking the benefits of sheen versus fina. THere is a longer warranty to the sheen and the sheen is easier to maintain. The fina is a small step up from plaster . I am going to eat salads for the next two months to pay the increase cost.

Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 4:24PM
terriolsen

I had my pool replastered and originally was going to go with pebbletec. My hubby was concerned about scraped toes and so we went with pebble fina instead. We have grigio (gray) pebble fina and love it, but... it is blotchy. Wasn't so much at first and it is very minimal in this picture but that's because this picture was taken at the very beginning, right after my replastering project was completed almost 4 years ago. I had a solar installation guy come out to give me an estimate shortly after this picture was taken and he told me it would get more blotchy over time. He said he knew this because he had seen it many times in other pools that had used this same product. And he was right. The blotchiness is not the result of a chemical imbalance because mine have always been right on where they need to be, its just the nature of the beast -- especially with grays (?). But that's okay, I still love it. Just know that its not going to be a smooth gray surface if that's what you're expecting, instead it looks kind of like marble.

Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 4:40PM
luv4roses

Terriolsen, Now after 4 years, how is your pebble fina looking? Did it mottle or marble? Can you post a picture? We are torn between plaster and pebble fina. We did not like the feel of the stones.

Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 1:25PM
terriolsen

You really can't tell until you look closely, and the water is very still... but here it is today. Pic 1:

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 12:54PM
terriolsen

Pic 2:

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 12:55PM
terriolsen

and Pic 3:

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 12:56PM
luv4roses

Thank you, TerriOlsen.

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 1:02PM
More Discussions
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™