Please take a look at my kitchen layout

kateshomeMarch 29, 2013

We are in the planning stages for a new build. I have spoken to a couple of kitchen designers at this point. I like this layout but am not sure about the fridge being so close to the wall. The KD said he could put a 9" pull out pantry cabinet between the wall and the fridge. Would love any feedback on this or anything else in the kitchen design. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lyfia

I agree with you on the fridge. One thing I wonder is does the wall need to stick out that far. We have a wall like it and I wish it was shorter. Enough so I didn't have to have the fridge pulled out as much and also because it is in an area that sees a lot of traffic going around the corner. Ours is load bearing though.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 5:18PM
kateshome

Lyfia - on the other side of that wall is the half bath so we can't change it!

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 5:24PM
OhBlondie

Also agree on the fridge. I would also add a prep sink on the island, at the end near the fridge. Yes, you would lose a seating spot on the end, but you would gain so much more function.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 5:50PM
More Discussions
Color difference Benjamin Moore Regal Select versus Regal Classic
We've been using Benjamin Moore Regal Classic semi...
donaleen
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Can we still email.....
like you could on the old GW, if you were set up to...
bicyclegirl1
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™