Help finding a fabric I'm short of

gauraladyJuly 2, 2008

Hi, it has been a long time since I posted but I do drop in as a lurker from time to time. I am continuing to quilt as much as I can work into my full-time working life.

High on my list of quilting priorities is continuing to make quilts for Quilts of Valor. I now have an ongoing correspondence with the chaplain of the Army 160th Special Operations regiment, the unit my son serves in, and I have dedicated my efforts to supplying quilts for the injured of 160th. My first two were recently awarded to members of the 160th which was so rewarding. I have several more in the works and hope to get a bunch finished this summer. My biggest thrill is the recent purchase of a Handi-Quilter 16. I am excited to start quilting some of my own quilts instead of having to always take them to someone to finish for me!

Now for I am making two twin quilts for our guest room (a disappearing nine patch called lattice from Nancy Brenan Daniel's "Slice 'Em & Dice 'Em Quilts") but I bought the fabric before I decided exactly what pattern that I would doing. I have tons of extra fabric for all the scrappiness I need for the blocks but the one fabric I am short of is the one that is needed to make the consistent effect on the lattice, the little corner square. I have tried a variety of options to get around the problem but I am hoping I can find enough fabric to finish it the way it is supposed to be.

Does anyone have any of this fabric?

I only have part of the selvage left so I think that it is P & B Textiles something called French Country or French Countryside. I bought it last year at a LQS but it is a 2004 fabric so it's long gone I am afraid. I need 1/4 to 1-2 a yard. If anyone has it, I would be glad to pay for the fabric and the shipping so I don't have to abandon all the work I have so far.

If you don't have any of this fabric what other methods would you recommend for finding a much needed fabric? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

Did you try going to the P&B textile site to see if they still have some.I have lots of fabrics,but i'm sorry i don't have that one.
Kathi

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 3:33PM
solstice98

Try emailing the photo to Keepsake Quilting. They have an amazing stash of fabrics and promote their fabric swatch matching skills. Maybe they can help.

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 6:28PM
gauralady

Thanks for your responses. I did try P & B Textiles first but it was too old to still be carried. I have sent an inquiry to Keepsake Quilting--I hope they can help me out!

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 9:57PM
bluebars

If I had some I would share it with you.
Have you tried www.missingfabrics.com?
Or you could post an ISO on one of the Yahoo groups, like SewItsForSale or QuiltersFleaMarket.
Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.missingfabrics.com/

Bookmark   July 3, 2008 at 8:00AM
deannabsd

It sort of resembles a christmas print-It is very pretty and I hope you have luck finding it. Deanna

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 5:15PM
More Discussions
Are you quilting this weekend? March 27-29
I stayed up late last night making a teapot block for...
lindaoh_gw
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
Need advice for quilting a thin top that I've had for 25 years
i was gifted a quilt kit when I was 13 or 14; it's...
alix4015
Just finished
Pattern called Diamond Double from Cozy Quilt. If you...
nannykins
Kandu Coat?
I'm contemplating starting one, but the directions...
michigoose
Sponsored Products
Tortoise Shell Urn Table Lamp
$99.95 | Lamps Plus
PlateBowlCup Mug -Set of 4 by Alessi
$40.00 | Lumens
Empress Armchair Upholstered Set of 2 in Gray
$709.00 | LexMod
Armen Living Noho Loveseat In Silver Satin Fabric
Beyond Stores
Bowers Candelabra Table Lamp
Lightology