3 season back porch cost

mary1nysMay 6, 2010

I wonder approx how much it would cost for a 3 season back porch/room 9 x 11 ft. It would be about 2 feet above ground off of my back door and the footings would need to be drilled through concrete patio below (I assume). My chimney also needs to be removed first as it's in poor shape and no longer being used. Home style is a 1 story ranch in upstate NY. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_hyatt

Call 3 seasons and get a bid.

Or any of the alum building guys. That is the starting point. Do not do this if your just fishing,not planing on doing the project just wondering, that is an insult to the Tradesmen. J.

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 9:16PM
mary1nys

Ok..I changed my porch to an all season and got my bid. I'm quite happy with it. Stick built--no alum...insulated 9X12 with tie in roof, 6 double hung windows, sheetrock, 2 new doors, steps, siding to match house. My brother will do the electrical for free. Price = $11,200. Cathedral ceiling possible, and the porcelain tile plus installation would be extra. They start July 1st! The guy is good too!

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 9:02AM
concretenprimroses

Sounds reasonable, particularly when I consider what it cost to repair our old porches on our old house!
Post a pic when it is finished so we can admire.
Kathy

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 12:08PM
More Discussions
resurface the deck?
Does anyone have experience with this product for resurfacing...
windymess z5
Cement tiles on raised deck?
As a result of home renovations, I will be raising...
swguru
Ipe vs. Thermory
First post of what I anticipate may be many as we embark...
lmgch
Painting/stain lattice work
Installing new wooden lattice around my front porch....
becky556
Deck with no door to interior of the house?
I would love to build a deck off the back of our house...
Lowri de Jager
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™