Pipes and pumps...
Finally, after a few years, getting ready to sign contract for pool. I have updated a lot of my research... and read through a lot of posts on here... will be about a 33k gal gunite pool, 47x27, lagoon shape. Cave, 22' slide, and waterfall. All Pentair equip... IntelliChlor IC-40, IntelliTouch system. I asked for Intelliflo VF for pool (and I assume cleaner also?)... here are my main questions I am hoping for some feedback on...
1) Should I use separate pump for water fall and slide? I have no idea what the gpm requirements are for pool, Polaris 280, 22' slide, or waterfall coming over top of gunite cave. Slide I know can be dedicated since it will pretty much be occasional use and one flow rate... but waterwall may be on a lot, even at night when not in pool, and would be nice to have very efficient operation with variable speed... what would be best setup? May be justa second VF to handle the slide and waterfall?
2) As for piping... qute says "2 automatic skimmer, 2 safety suction main drain, 2 directional inlets. All 2" PVC pipe on concrete slab" I need to get clarification on what that all means. I am pretty sure I want home runs from EACH drain, skimmer and inlet back to pad. Is all 2" rigid PVC OK for home runs, then combine to 3" at pad? I know that 2-2" pipes is slightly less than the cross section area of 1-3" pipe, but is the 2" home runs to the pad OK or should the pipe be upsized? AND, would the dedicated waterfall and/or slide pumps have their own dedicated suction lines form the pool, or do they use the same suction lines as the main pump?
3) Do I really need a booster pump for the Polaris 280 if I am using the IntelliFlo VF?
4) I like the 5g LED lights... are two enough? Especially if we use a darker Diamond Brite finish?
5) What can I use to light the inside of teh cave behind the waterfall? I'd love to see some pictures of lights behind a waterfall and figure out how to best handle it.
Thanks, in advance for the advice!