Today's the day

glassquiltJuly 27, 2007

I have opened all of the not really important boxes in the house and put everything away - except the photos.

I am going to reward myself for being so good. Today IâÂÂm going into my sewing room and open the most important boxes of all - my boxes of material. I bought a new standard size iron. I am going to sort & iron or maybe iron & sort. IâÂÂll probably have to turn on the AC with all the heat IâÂÂll generate. Oh, well.

Yippee!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennifer_in_va

Sounds like a fabulous way to spend your day!!! Crank up that AC and don't think of the bill. And I won't tell anyone if you roll around on the floor in the fabric before ironing! LOL

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 9:34AM
msmeow

Glass, I'm so glad to hear you are getting settled in. It must be really emotional to unpack your things and really see what's left and what's gone.

Donna

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 9:41AM
nana24

Glass,
I had to laugh when I saw the name of this thread-there is an old joke I'm sure we've all heard-Tonight's the night. Then I read your post and realized it was much the same. Hehe Since I've moved and had to store all my fabric, etc. I understand the feeling.
Didn't mean to offend anyone with my reference.
By the way, can't imagine not having the air on. It is HOT in So. Louisiana-not to mention the humidity.

Have a great time unpacking.

Sally

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 11:07AM
love2sew

It's so good to hear all the unpacking is done...I don't know how you stayed out of the fabric boxes this long...I would have been peeking....so have fun with your fabric. Even if it is very warm..keep your clothes on when your ironing...remember those posts hahaha!
Jean

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 11:57AM
teresa_nc7

Yay for you, Glass! I hope you have lots of fun discovering your fabric stash all over again!

Teresa

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 1:17PM
janice__indiana5

Glass,

I Hope you have a great day, you deserve it! It will feel like Christmas in July! LOL

I meant to ask, but never have.... Did your birthday blocks from 2006 make it through the fire? If they didn't, I would like to send you a replacement block.

Janice

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 4:58PM
glassquilt

I don't know about the b'day blocks. I'm still on the first box and my hips are yelling at me. Oh, I hurt. I'm not up to standing at an ironing surface for hours.

I decided to iron first, then fold and put in a new Rubbermaid container - sorting by color or pattern.

It's going to take me longer than I thought it would. sniffle, sniffle

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 5:24PM
More Discussions
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
2015 February Block Lotto
(posting this a bit early so you can get a head start...
toolgranny
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
March 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Our March came in like a lamb. How about where you...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™