Suggestions on pool liner please!!!

ailene54April 14, 2013

My pool liner is getting old, itâÂÂs pulled away from the corners on the steps and has lost color. In the last 2 years weâÂÂve had a couple of leaks, all have been patched. Should I have liner replaced when I open the pool? Are some liners better than others? Are some more expensive? Is it costly to have the shallow end extended when we replace the liner? Right now the pool has a very small shallow end, the previous owner was a diver, we are swimmers, but the diving board is not used much, even though I wouldnâÂÂt remove it, I would like to have a larger area to walk in, and a more gradual drop from shallow to deep. Any information you can give me on new liners will be appreciated. I plan on checking out prices with more than the person who opens and closes my pool, do you see a problem if I donâÂÂt use him for the liner? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
muddy_water

If you take away the board you could turn the whole pool into a shallow pool. Other than that the slope is designed for the diving. Look for a 27mil liner. As for replacing it wait until it will not hold water anymore if you want and use whatever company you want to replace and change the depth if you so wish.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 6:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ailene54

Muddy thanks for your reply. My liner still is holding water,my concern has been the cost of repairs when my pool person has had to dive to find small holes...reason why I was losing water,was wondering if its cost effective to just change when I've been told I can "probably" get another year out of the liner.

Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 5:54PM
More Discussions
Pool Filter question
Hi All, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for...
austinyankeefan
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Looking for Pool Builder recommendations in Pasadena, CA
We are starting to evaluate contractors but can't find...
julieleek
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™