Polaris blower not working?

dogue_loverApril 4, 2011

my pool is now going on its 5th summer season. We have an entire Jandy Aquapure system, pump/filter/heater/salt cell..

Lately I have noticed the Air blower is not working correctly. The only air getting to the spa-jets is coming from what I think is some kind of Venturi type valve and thats all. Not much water pressure and not much air bubbles in the spa at all. We have a Jandy 1.5 HP pump with 6 jets in the spa and four floor bubblers as well. Spa is approx. 40 ft. from equipment pad and elevated about 2' higher than pool pump. The air blower turns on, as you can clearly hear it operating, but no bubbles/air seem to be getting thru to the spa? anybody have any suggestions on what could be stoppin the flow of air or does my blower need replacing? it is a Polaris blower... model # 1-470-02 with 1.5 peak HP. any help on this would be much appreciated.. thanks in advance...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Rack Etear

Can you post a picture of this "venturi type valve"

Bookmark   April 4, 2011 at 11:00PM
dogue_lover

there is a jandy 3 way valve located near spa that sounds as if it works like a venturi valve when in 3rd postion. I can hear a slight suction of air from the pipe and small amounts of air is pulled into the spa. valve is similiar to the automated valves on equipment pad but it is a manual valve that I think is to control amount of air entering spa. it has a skimmer like cover and is in small hole in concrete pad. I've tried all 3 positions so I know that valve is not in a closed position. Also, the foot or floor bubblers stopped working about a year after the pool/spa was finished but the other spa's jets worked fine. almost as if there was too much water pressure in the floor jets/bubblers for the air blower to push air thru entire system? thanks again, Drew

Bookmark   April 4, 2011 at 11:56PM
dogue_lover

Bump !!

Bookmark   April 11, 2011 at 8:43PM
poolguynj

Pix please.

Put them in a PhotoBucket album. Eat pic will have 4 code options. Copy the 3rd to the message box here, on per line, any white space between the pix is useful for in line descriptions.

Scott

Bookmark   April 11, 2011 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
Diamod Brite pool color photos
PLEASE!!!! Need to see finished pool pictures with...
Braden Taylor
Please evaluate my quote for new pool build
I recently received the following quote for a vinyl...
alf87
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Obsessing over pool finishes
Hello all, I am looking for any and all advice on pool...
megankheaps
Transition between two DiamondBrite colors
Trying to figure out best way to do this. Will be doing...
jscozz
Sponsored Products
Polaris Sinks P848 Slate AstraGranite Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
Overstock.com
Polaris Sinks P229 Single Bowl Copper Bathroom Sink
Overstock.com
Oxygen Lighting | Polaris Wall Sconce
$306.00 | YLighting
Catnapper Invincible Faux Leather Power Recliner - 4832 2582-43
$969.00 | Hayneedle
Catnapper Escalade Reclining Sofa Set - Chocolate - CAT297
Hayneedle
Catnapper Nolan Leather Reclining Sofa Set - Godiva - CAT300
$709.00 | Hayneedle
VIG Furniture - Polaris - Black Contemporary Leather Sectional...
Great Furniture Deal
Polaris Sinks P8132T Topmount Stainless Steel Sink
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™