jandy aquapure 1400

shootnparApril 20, 2011

Hi,

How many times have you had to either replace the cell, or the sensor. I've had my pool for approximately 6 years and I'm replacing my cell for the 3rd time and my sensor for the 2nd. Is that normal?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

If you use your system year round, yes, that seems pretty normal. With year round, cells last about years. Some get a little more by keeping the CYA level in the pool at about 80 ppm so they can keep the FC level at 4 and still run the cell at a slightly lower output level. The elevated CYA helps to hold the FC in the pool.

Scott

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 7:41PM
trhought

shootnpar...our Aquapure 1400 is on it's 5th season and the original cell. We run it year round at 30% here in Louisiana and vary pump run time from 1x turnover in the winter to 3x turnover in the summer...a constant 30% year round maintains adequate chlorine in our 35K gallon pool with these turnovers. The pool water is kept balanced year round.

Regarding the sensor, I was about to replace it this winter after getting an error code indicating sensor problems. Was surprised that the cheapest I could find a replacement was around $150...this is just a sensor with no moving parts...right?

So that started me thinking about the surface condition of the sensor. Tried the kitchen scrub pad as instructed in the owners manual...no luck. Then I remembered my experience sanding our fiberglass slide during installation a few years ago.

Long story short, I found the sandpaper and re-conditioned the surface of the sensor. Starting with 180 grit and working down to 800 grit. Final buffing was with the kitchen pad.

Before sanding, the 3 buttons on the sensor were pitted under a magnifying glass. After sanding, they were smooth and free of pits.

The sensor has been working OK for about 4 months now.

Hope this helps.

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 11:33PM
shootnpar

Replaced the cell and sensor (another 500 bucks gone), and everything is working again.

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 2:20PM
More Discussions
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
Our Pool Remodel with Mr. Carlos Pools
So after much searching and many quotes from diffirent...
evepineda02
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™