cost effective deck stairs?

trancefusionMay 3, 2010

I have an upper deck and a lower deck. They are both wood. The rise is about 10'. I would like to connect them with stairs.

What are some cost effective options for doing so? A prebuilt spiral stair case? Or an L-shaped wood staircase?

Is this something I need a decking contractor for? Or should a cheaper handyman be able to accomplish it?

Anyone want to venture a guess as to a cost for this?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lswex_cox_net

I've been using a stair system called EZ Stairs which is easy to install and strong-solid. It's probably one of the most cost effective ways to build stairs that I've ever used. A versatile handyman could even put them together for you. It cuts my labor cost in half and I save on materials too. It's worth checking out. I think 8 sets (16 brackets) of stair brackets are around $59.

Here is a link that might be useful: EZ Stairs

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 1:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deckbuilder_gardenweb_com

I've been using a stair system called EZ Stairs which is easy to install and strong-solid. It's probably one of the most cost effective ways to build deck stairs that I've ever used. A versatile handyman could even put them together for you. It cuts my labor cost in half and I save on materials too. It's worth checking out. I think 8 sets (16 brackets) of stair brackets are around $59.

Here is a link that might be useful: EZ Stairs

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 1:19PM
More Discussions
How many steps to enter the house?
Just curious here, working with new construction determining...
deviantnic
clear roof over patio
I would like some advice/help with the clear roof over...
ktmast
building a deck into a retaining wall
Hi all, My contractor says he can build a deck right...
oonae
Gravel/Crushed Rock for a Patio
We are in the process of purchasing a house in Boynton...
splais
question about fencing
Hi, I know this isn't a fencing forum but I couldn't...
pitpat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™