Florida Bike Safari Pictures:

grammypApril 27, 2007

Here are some of the pictures we took at the Bike Safari:

The first ride, Friday morning. The mascot of the host bike club (Florida Freewheelers) is the flamingo, so Pinkie rode all week on the back of our bike.

I had to hold the camera up to get a picture over DH's shoulder. This is just a typical road we took.

The rest stop at White Springs.

This is the Piscola River (I think). At least it is one of the lovely rivers we crossed during the week.

This is Cherry Lake 4H camp.

Spanish moss flowing in the breeze.

There is supposed to be a bald eagle in the center of this one. Just looks like a speck.

The JustIn Case band played for us twice, once in Live Oak and again at Cherry Lake.

The Dixi Grill catered the meals and the food was great. Even after riding all day I still managed to gain 2 pounds, so now it is back on the diet. It was a great week!

beverly

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glassquilt

Those two pounds are muscle from all the manual, or would that be pedal, work you just did. Don't forget muscle weighs more than fat - inch for inch. It's denser.

Love the pictures.

Bookmark   April 27, 2007 at 10:30AM
polardreams

Great pictures - what fun that must have been! The terrain looks fairly flat - not too many hills I hope! It would be hard to do in Colorado - unless you like mtn biking!
Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   April 27, 2007 at 7:03PM
ironkit

Sooo purdy.

I think you inspired me to go to Florida.

~ Kit

Bookmark   April 28, 2007 at 12:28AM
gerizone5

Those are beautiful pictures. Where in Florida did you go biking?

Geri

Bookmark   April 28, 2007 at 10:46AM
grammyp

Glass, you are right I just added 2 pounds of muscle!!

Polardream, it was pretty flat, but at least on hills you do get to rest. On flats you have to pedal all the time, and in Florida there is always a wind. And it seems to always blow against you.

Kit, it was beautiful, I just love Florida.

Geri, we were at Live Oak for 3 days and Cherry Lake for 3 days. Some of the rides at Cherry Lake went into Georgia. We rode thru Quitman GA one day, it is very pretty there.

beverly

Bookmark   April 28, 2007 at 10:17PM
gininmn

Thanks for sharing your great photos. I finally found 'em today (looked in QF Gallery and Camping Forum days ago --but of course, no luck. HA HA) Beautiful scenery and looks like a lot of fun. I'm impressed that you had a band providing musical entertainment. We've vacationed in N. Florida a couple of times (a great place to go in January when you live in northern Minnesota) and have gotten to paddle on Suwanee River, using an outfitter from White Springs for our shuttle.

Ginny

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 4:45PM
More Discussions
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
Retreat finishes: 2013-2014
Three down...don't ask how many more to go :-)! All...
littlehelen_gw
Oh my!
Switching over to Houzz very challenging! I sure hope...
nannykins
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™