Here we go again... Plaster color questions

pooldreamer2010April 21, 2011

Our new pool was recently plastered with blue opal river rok. The end result was a dark grey finish background color with lots of tan pebbles. It was mixed correctly as per installer and river rok representative. I thought I would get a blue pool as others have posted but it's green. I do have a lot of green evergreen trees and tan decking which may be making it more green. Thing is I see no blue whatsoever.... We are having it redone since the color of the pool doesn't even come close to the sample from river rok. My question is based on my trees, tan decking, rocks by the pool what color plaster should I be looking out so I do not get any green in the pool? I am not looking for a lagoon color pool but a deep blue... Any advice??? We like river rok but it could be another plaster product, maybe diamond Brits midnight blue or a pegboards or even beadcrete.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pooldreamer2010

Pegboards meant to be pebbletec

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 4:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
R-E-O

Tan (or yellow) pebbles make green water. Blue (water) + yellow (tan pebbles) = Green (water)

Look for something with blue, gray or dark stones for blue. The darker the mix of stones the darker the color of the water.

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 3:46PM
More Discussions
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
Pool Filter question
Hi All, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for...
austinyankeefan
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Looking for Pool Builder recommendations in Pasadena, CA
We are starting to evaluate contractors but can't find...
julieleek
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™