Need Help Problem With Duran Oil Paint!

harkitslarkMay 3, 2009

I have tried painting my porch 3 times now with Duron oil paint. The paint NEVER dries! I went back to Duron 2 times and both times the salesman said I put the paint on too thick. I made sure it was so thin this time and it still smears after 3 weeks of painting it. So it cannot be because I've put it on too thick. It's like a soft texture that keeps smearing and really never seems to dry! I'm so frustrated. What is a good paint to paint a porch a dark color? Is oil or latex better?

I'm painting my porch a dark Eggplant color and the oil paint never seems to dry. Do I have to use oil? Can I get dark colors in latex? How do I get this paint off again? Do I need to prime it if I want to go over the oil with latex?

I dont' like to knock paint companies but this Duron paint really sucks. Has anyone else had a problem with Duron oil paint?

If anyone has some advice...please help. It looks like I am going to have to sand and scrap yet again! It's a nightmare to work with and I will never buy it again.

I used Pratt and Lambert in the past and it went on like butter...and i don't remember this type of problem. It's hard to find though.

Thanks all! Have a good one!

Lark

More Discussions
clear roof over patio
I would like some advice/help with the clear roof over...
ktmast
TWP and One Time stain...2 years later
I built a deck in the summer of 2009. Decking was garapa...
weedyacres
Best concrete sealer to prevent salt damage? Any virgin concrete
I'm not sure which part of the forum this question...
growingadvice
My partially completed Ipe deck, I got some questions...
Ok so I researched Ipe for a while and finally got...
jjd95
Can't keep porch paint from peeling
We had a complete porch and deck tear off and replaced...
zorroslw1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™