Leathered granite- any problems rolling out dough?

kam76March 6, 2013

Just wondering if anyone that has leathered granite has noticed any problems with rolling out dough (pie dough/biscuits etc) because it is not a completely flat surface. Also any issues with cleaning, crumbs sticking etc. I'd love to see pictures of your leathered granite as my supplier only had one to look at and I am not sure it is an accurate representation

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerzeegirl

No problem with rolling out dough at all. Here's the only problem - if you have a light granite it's sometimes hard to see for cleaning purposes. But it's not because the dough is stuck in deep craters - it's only because it's the same color!

Have you tried running your hand across the leathered surface? Mine is smooth as a baby's bottom.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 5:03PM
roulie

Here is a super close-up of my leathered cambrian black... you can see that, although there are "dimples", it's perfectly smooth (i.e., no rough spots for things to get caught in.) As jerzeegirl says, it's just like a baby's bottom: dimpled, but smooth.

Since mine was black, it didn't hide dough. The only way that the dimples ever affected me was if I was writing on a single sheet of paper on the counter, then the writing was a bit wobbly looking, so I always had something under whatever I was writing on. (But I would do this with a polished granite too, because I like the paper to be a bit "softer" when I write.)

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 5:33PM
kam76

Thanks for the info ladies! Jerzeegirl what kind of granite is yours? Both are beautiful.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 5:59PM
jerzeegirl

Mine is Typhoon Bordeaux light.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 7:13PM
More Discussions
My new backsplash (nat cherry cabinets, dakota mahogany granite)
Hi everyone, it's been a long time since i've posted...
catamount90
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
My Kitchen Renovation Using Scherr's RTA Cabinets Begins
We start demolition on Monday. We have been actively...
homechef59
Can anybody plz recommend a custom cabinetmaker in South Denver area?
Hello! This is my first time posting; I'm in the first...
ponderosafarm
Lighting 7 foot ceiling pantry
I am doing a bank of cabinets in my 9 foot by 7 foot...
katonahmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™