Is there a brick tile?

marti8aMay 28, 2009

I want to cover my front porch with something that looks like brick, but brick itself is too thick for the area. I have looked at tile, but can't find anything that really looks like brick.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
redstone_2009

I know that Lowe's carries a tile that looks like brick but it may be too irregular in thickness to be safe to use on a porch floor.

Bookmark   May 29, 2009 at 12:32PM
zzeasy

Check your local brick yard. I know there is a brick tile available from Marion Ceramics and it can be ordered from Glen-Gery Brick in this area. It is available in 1/2" and 15/16" thickness. (This is kind of a funny coincidence since I was just about to check the forums to see any discussion about this product. I am interested in doing the same thing for both of my small porches.) Good luck and keep us posted, as I will if I do proceed with this idea.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brick Tile Link

Bookmark   May 29, 2009 at 2:33PM
marti8a

Thank you both. I'll check at Lowe's the next time I'm there. That Marion brick tile looks interesting and is what I have been imagining.

zzeasy, does your porch step down to the sidewalk or is it one level? Mine is level and I was wondering if that 1/2" difference would be something to trip over.

Bookmark   May 29, 2009 at 5:22PM
zzeasy

My front is porch and 1 step down, and from the step to the sidewalk is a bit of a high step as it is. Counter guy at Glen-Gery said that the 1/2" is intended to minimize the "trip factor", but with mine I'm probably looking at doing some elevation at sidewalk level. My back porch is 3 steps and a small porch but I don't have the same big first step so I'm probably going to do that one first just to see how it goes.

Bookmark   May 29, 2009 at 8:33PM
pretzel_logic60

Yes this is an interesting thread. I have been thinking about something for over my concrete back porch, regular pavers would be way too big as I have a door opening to the patio from my garage. And I also want at some point to extend the patio into the lawn and if these look anything like regular pavers that would be the ticket for me.

Bookmark   June 1, 2009 at 7:19PM
More Discussions
clear roof over patio
I would like some advice/help with the clear roof over...
ktmast
Painting/stain lattice work
Installing new wooden lattice around my front porch....
becky556
Can't keep porch paint from peeling
We had a complete porch and deck tear off and replaced...
zorroslw1
How bad is this- builder did not use stainless screws on ipe?
I have a mess on my hands and would appreciate any...
LaylaJane
Needs to renovate decks. What are our options (INEXPENSIVE)
Our deck is falling apart. The wood is rotting and...
rbpdx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™