Who's Your Sweetie?

geezerfolks_SharonG_FLFebruary 12, 2010

It's Valentine's weekend....Post pictures......I was 17 and a senior in high school when we met in Dec, 1957, married March, 1959.

SharonG/FL (oops....bigger than I thought)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grammyp

Nice looking couple Sharon. I need to look up one of mine.

beverly

Bookmark   February 15, 2010 at 9:05AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Please do, Beverly. I'd like to see some 'sweetie' pictures. @:)

Bookmark   February 15, 2010 at 6:08PM
solstice98

Oh, a high school romance! Great picture, Sharon!

Jim and I met in 1973 at college and married in 1975. For part of 1974 we did the 1970's hippie thing of traveling throughout Europe with nothing but backpacks and Euro-Rail train passes. Figured if we could survive that we could survive marriage! Guess we were right 'coz we're coming up on 35 years.

I'll see if I can find a picture from those days. I'm sure it will be pretty funny!

Kate

Bookmark   February 22, 2010 at 10:33AM
magothyrivergirl

Hey Kate - I did the hippie backpacking / hostels / sleeping on trains with Frommer's Book "Europe on $5.00 a Day" or some title like that in 1973. And the Euro- Rail Pass. I did not ever speak or see the guy I traveled with after returning to the US ~LOL~ I married someone else in 1975 - still married - so your "marriage survival test" was accurate.

Sharon - what a beautiful couple you two make! Now who would have thought he would grow up to be a Biker-Harley Tat Guy!!! TOO FUNNY. My sister used to get those curls in her hair - we called them Banana Curls (don't know why).

Bookmark   March 3, 2010 at 7:34PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I know what Banana Curls are and I didn't have my hair like that for the wedding. We used to curl just the ends of our hair so that it would roll over all the way around...looked like a huge U as it went almost to my waist. Mom fixed us girls with the Banana Curls and I did my girls when they were young, too. DH was a biker and had tats when I met him. He didn't get any new tats until the latest ones...at least 53 years later! .....memories..... @:)

Bookmark   May 12, 2010 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
2015 February Block Lotto
(posting this a bit early so you can get a head start...
toolgranny
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™