1-14 diet/exercise/weight loss

grammypJanuary 14, 2007

OK, this starts the last week of our first challenge, 30 minutes of movement daily. Hopefully by now everyone has started getting some exercise(movement) every day. It takes 21 days to start a habbit, we have 7 more to go.

I know it is hard this time of the year to get out and walk, but you do not have to get all your exercise at one time. If you have stairs at home, make some extra trips. Jump rope in the basement, march around the house, lift weights (canned tomatoes work well), dance, ride a stationary bike, see if your rec center has an indoor pool and swim laps, go to the mall and walk an extra lap around before you go home. As long as you get 30 minutes a day it doesn't even have to all at one time.

Just move it!

beverly

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I walked the mall this morning.....then walked around KMart, then walked around the grocery store. I came home put the groceries away and took a long nap....that's all I've done today....haven't felt good for a couple days...not really sick, but low grade temp, flushed cheeks, sneezing, chilled.

I made a block for QOV last night and want to make a couple more.

Everyone have a good week!

SharonG/FL [

](http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF4iKoZ/)
    Bookmark   January 15, 2007 at 5:12PM
grammyp

You go girlfriend. You are 1/4 of the way there. The hard part (getting started) is over and you are seeing results now. Good for you.

beverly

Bookmark   January 15, 2007 at 11:27PM
grammyp

Ok, I tried to get my ticker to show up, but it didn't. How do you do that?

beverly

Bookmark   January 15, 2007 at 11:37PM
grammyp

I think I got it!

beverly

Bookmark   January 15, 2007 at 11:55PM
deannabsd

Hello all-greetings from Chilly South Dakota. It was a brisk -17 this AM when I went to work. Did get in my 45 minute workout and ready to head to the basement to do a video. I will be challenged tomorrow as I am going with my husband on a hunting trip and will be in a small motel in a small town. Hopefully it will warm up to go for a walk; but did pack my therabands and will march in place if nothing else. I am in a mile a day challenge for the year and there are CASH prizes so really don't want to miss a day. Stay warm everyone.

Bookmark   January 16, 2007 at 9:17PM
grammyp

Deanna, good for you! Does walking/marching in place count as your mile a day? Can you take your videos and do them in the room? It is rather hard to work in everyday, but it will be well worth it.

beverly

Bookmark   January 16, 2007 at 10:19PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Beverly, I like your snail ticker. Sometimes it sure seems like slow going, eh?

Deanna, You're doing great! A mile every day?...keep up the good work! I have a DVD for a mile and also a 2-miler. I should do it every day, but so far only do it a couple times a week.

I want to try and get outside more...the basketball diva will be here today so we'll be doing the basketball thing after school is out.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   January 17, 2007 at 7:56AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I didn't play basketball yesterday as there were too many people in my driveway already playing and I was afraid of falling....they were big people, too! Plus, the neighbors dog kept coming over and bringing her nasty ball and dropping it for the kids to throw. But, we took the little kids (4 and 6 yo) to the beach, so we walked in the sand and then walked out on the pier and took the long way back....I think that will count for my walk. They waded in the water saying it wasn't all the cold....I told them their feet were just numb and they couldn't feel anything!

I need to go back on Phase 1 for a few days after what I've been eating. I should have left the 'cake' out of my strawberry shortcake and, how can you have chili without cornbread?!

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   January 18, 2007 at 8:53AM
grammyp

Oh Sharon, I know that water was COLD! But kids can take it better than we can. And you can't have chili without cornbread, it just isn't legal. Bread/pasta have been the hardest for me to give up.

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. I'm so glad.

beverly

Bookmark   January 18, 2007 at 9:29AM
grammyp

Forgot my new little sticker. The snail is cute isn't he Sharon.

beverly

Bookmark   January 18, 2007 at 10:05AM
More Discussions
Are you quilting this weekend? March 27-29
I stayed up late last night making a teapot block for...
lindaoh_gw
2015 April Block Lotto
Welcome to the April Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
polardreams
I'm new here and sharing my quilts
Hello, I'm new to your forum, but not new to sewing....
craftylady
Jamestown Landing ready to quilt.
I got the top done and loaded onto the frame. I am...
jackier123
Questions about Camp Cheerio retreat
Okay, so I know this is a little early to be planning...
loisflan
Sponsored Products
Virtu GS-50048-WMRO-ES-002 48 Round Sink Bath Vanity-Wood in Espresso
Blue Bath
Ideal Satin Nickel 10.2-Inch One-Light Wall Sconce
$132.00 | Bellacor
Tan Pinstripe Tencel Microfiber Sheet Set
$74.99 | zulily
Belham Living San Miguel Cast Aluminum Half Moon Sofa with Tube Seat - 22-99557
Hayneedle
Luxury Chrome Plate Brass Shower Handset Wall Bracket Bathroom Fixture
Hudson Reed
Kraus C-GV-710-12mm-1005ORB Lava Glass Vessel Sink and Riviera Faucet - Oil Rubb
$279.95 | Hayneedle
Hand Knotted Oriental Rug 10x14 100% Wool Serapi Recreation Dense Weave Sh14620
1800 Get A Rug
Cordova Aged Bronze Ceiling Fan with 52-Inch Standard Aged Bronze Blades
$228.60 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™