1-14 Blessings/thanksgivings

grammypJanuary 14, 2007

DD went to work at 7 this morning and I had the boys all day. DH went on a bike ride this morning and then to work at 2. Both boys were wonderful. I do not think I could manage if they weren't so good, I am so very thankful for that.

beverly

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

One of the things I'm thankful for......my grandson (from Indiana) called this morning and he, his wife and their children plan to visit us on Wednesday. They are in Orlando taking the kids to Disney. I saw them last summer but DH hasn't seen them in over a year. I think I'll make a pot of chili or maybe chicken and homemade noodles....

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   January 15, 2007 at 5:21PM
grammyp

What a wonderful surprise. Chili sounds good, gotta watch out for those noodles. I hope you have a wonderful visit.

beverly

Bookmark   January 15, 2007 at 11:24PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

It will be chili.....we'll be going out to DD#3's house and she's making cornbread and will have all the toppings. The kids are spending the night....woohooo....more time with them!

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   January 17, 2007 at 8:13AM
scraphappy

After hearing about all the power outages here and there, and even though we do have the snow and bitter cold (no ice) I have to be SO grateful that we never lost power aroung here, and thankful for the heat in my home, the electricity to run my stove, refrigerator, hot water heater, TV, sewing machine, etc. etc. etc. Not taking any of this for granted and I hope all those who have no power get through this ok and that they soon have things back to normal!!

Bookmark   January 17, 2007 at 12:40PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Scraphappy, I hear you loud and clear! When we see and hear about disasters we can be so thankful for what we have. We cannot take 'everyday' life as routine or for granted anymore as we never know what a day will bring. I even say 'Thank you for a restful night's sleep' when I wake up in the morning.

Today I'm thankful for all the fun and laughter (those little ones were a hoot!) we had when my grandson and his family was here.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   January 18, 2007 at 8:41AM
grammyp

Scraphappy and Sharon, I do agree with you. My DD has finally figured out why I was so happy to get a good night's sleep. With 2 little ones and DH out of town she is so happy when she gets 6 hours uninterupted. Perhaps she is finally maturing??? That would certainly be a blessing.

beverly

Bookmark   January 18, 2007 at 9:24AM
More Discussions
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
Retreat finishes: 2013-2014
Three down...don't ask how many more to go :-)! All...
littlehelen_gw
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™