shower head-- ball joint only?

cnvhDecember 17, 2006

Our shower head conked out on us last week, so I went to Lowe's and picked up a new shower head... the problem, though, is that it doesn't angle down far enough for my liking. We have a 4' shower stall, and I like being able to get out of the shower spray to do certain stuff (i.e., shaving), but with this new shower head, I have no way of escaping the spray because of its limited angling.

Hubby and I went to HD yesterday to try and find a solution. Hubby's idea was to attach a 45-degree angle joint to the shower pipe and screw the new shower head onto that-- which has been a great solution for ME, but not for my hubby (who is almost a foot taller than me), since now it won't angle UP high enough for him.

Do they make such a thing as a ball joint ONLY, that we can attach to the shower pipe, thus giving us more angle-ability with the new shower head? It seems logical that such a part would exist, but I've been looking online and have had no luck... I think it might be called something that I'm not entering into a search properly.

Any suggestions?

Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
troubleshooting thermostatic valve for shower
troubleshooting thermostatic valve, no hot water and...
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
Plumbing Kohler Ceiling Tub Filler K-922
Anyone have experience installing this laminar flow...
Does reverse osmosis water corrode copper plumbing? The answer ..
The answer is YES. I did a very unscientific study...
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™