Pool completed but concrete patio is horrible

SpeckledhenApril 25, 2012

Hi All,

Completed our IG vinyl install about a month ago. We had the concrete patio put in about 2 weeks ago and it is absolutely horrible! There are sections where water puddles, the finish is uneven and in some places the aggregate is showing. Some parts along the expansion joints are pitted. And all around the c-coping is uneven and when I tap the coping in some places there is a hollow sound! I'm new at this so I'm not sure what my recourse is. Anyone else have this happen? Short of having him completely rip it out and re-do it, what else can be done???? The only good thing is that I haven't paid him in full yet!

Here is a link to a bunch of photos. Let me know what you think!

Thanks

http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o512/speckledhen1/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

Good thing he hasn't been paid. That is far too many errors to accept. You contracted to have it done professionally, not by apprentices. Make him rip it out and redo it right.

Scott

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 8:01PM
muddy_water

Thats why we do our own concrete no Subs for us....Tell them to rip it out or give you a Spray Deck over the top after the bad places are patched...

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 8:41PM
Speckledhen

Thanks for your replies. The Spray-Deck sounds like a viable option because I'd hate to have the yard ripped up AGAIN. Also, the aluminum fence is already around the pool so I don't want to take the chance of damage occurring to that. So that said, any recommendations for a Spray-Deck company in North Jersey?

Thanks!

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 9:09AM
More Discussions
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
Need advice on 48 refrigerator remodeling my kitchen
What 48 refrigerator built in looks and performs best...
mercedes316
Almost there, infinity edge
Waiting on plaster and landscaping. Almost there......
poolmd
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™