Concrete not as expected (pics) advice?

hilltop_gwApril 27, 2009

Last fall we had a young man do a concrete patio behind the house. It was all new concrete and turned out great and we loved it. (first 2 pics) We asked if he could do a similar technique to our front stoop, using the same color & technique. He said yes, as an overlay, but he'd do it in the spring. He recently finished it.(last 3 pics) I don't think he used the same color & I think the quality of workmanship on the step face is poor. I haven't paid the bill yet & I need to know if I'm being unrealistic. I also need to know how to proceed. Is there any way to recolor it after it's already been sealed? I was there when he was doing it; however I remembered from the fall project that it changes so much during the process that you really need to wait till it's finished to see what it looks like. It was horribly windy the day he did it, then the drill he was using to mix the concrete broke. What would you do?

Behind the house, which I like:

Front stoop, which didn't turn out as expected:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_hyatt

That looks really good to me. The second color looks a lot better next to the brick than the other would have.

I vote pay the Man. J.

Bookmark   April 27, 2009 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
Gravel/Crushed Rock for a Patio
We are in the process of purchasing a house in Boynton...
splais
Deck stain question for ipe and cedar and pine:
screened in application. ipe floor, clipped. cedar...
kellyrike
Deck with no door to interior of the house?
I would love to build a deck off the back of our house...
Lowri de Jager
question about fencing
Hi, I know this isn't a fencing forum but I couldn't...
pitpat
Help finishing inside screened porch
Need suggestions. I don't know how to finish the top...
hlastala
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™