Please review layout

renovatesueMarch 7, 2013

Hi everyone on this site is so smart. Please let me know your thoughts on my layout.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herbflavor

why don't you use the kitchen side of the T wall between the doorways on the left. 15 in depth/ with base cabinet/counter and some cabinet or shelves on the wall.Really useful. If you're not opening the living spaces on left to the kitchen, I'd at least use that wall for something. ....it looks like 36 in available-don't waste that.Move the fridge to the right and you could make this a little deeper- 21 inches perhaps with 2 stools for episodic casual use. Is this a traditional home where the walls are staying intact as opposed to opening it up?

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 5:55PM
dilly_ny

Can you label the adjoining spaces. Is this your existing layout? What do you like and dislike?

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 6:28PM
remodelfla

I would flip the DW and trash. You want the trash between the sink and range. Then you can make the 9" a 15 inch and the 27 on the other side a 21".

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 6:45PM
smiling

Not knowing the adjacent rooms and their functions, here is one idea that might help your thinking.

Have you tried moving the stove run over where you now have the fridge, and moving fridge to the current stove wall. I mention it because it would give you two possibilites, one for improved upper cabinet symmetry on the stove wall, and then you could pull out a long penninsula from that small "T" wall on the left. On the penninsula, you could put a prep sink almost directly behind the new stove location, and that would separate your prep and cleanup zones nicely. It would also give you several square feet of countertop workspace in a central location.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 7:36PM
More Discussions
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
Anyone have solid walnut slab cabinets?
Howdy! We're trying to decide if we want to do walnut...
Fori is not pleased
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
Barker cabinet samples
Does anyone have any barker cabinet samples that they're...
tigger9759
Floor for White Kitchen?
Our original plan was wood look tile with white cabinets....
annaw_123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™