Kitchen sink water not very hot :-(

MIssyVDecember 14, 2011

We have lived in our current home (my grandparents home) for 8 years now, and we just recently updated our kitchen. In the update, we removed the small hot water tank that was under the kitchen sink. We felt it was an electrical drain and took up quite a bit of space.

Well, since removing it, the water that comes to the kitchen sink doesn't get hot enough for my liking. All other sinks and faucets get hot enough water, even the half bath that is the furthest from the water tank.

We are on a slab. I wonder if that is why my grandparents installed the water tank originally, they had the same issues.

Is there a way to correct this or do we need to put another hot water tank under the sink?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asolo

Pretty much self-answering question, don't you think? Hot water path to the desired location too long....as opposed to the other locations. Suspect GPs noticed the same and solved it their way....which you've removed.

"Correct this"? Sure. Tear up the entire slab and start over with this single anomaly foremost in your motivation. Relocate the water-heater, etc., etc.

I would suggest opting for the same solution your GP's did.

Bookmark   December 14, 2011 at 8:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jakethewonderdog

Yep... I would guess that the pipes are uninsulated and losing their heat to the slab.

I think their solution was reasonable.

I'm not going to make the snarky comment about busting up the slab.

Bookmark   December 14, 2011 at 11:17PM
More Discussions
Water softener sizing
First I am sure that you have answered this a million...
swc3086
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
bathroomblues1
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
kineala
Hardness and sediment and softeners (oh my)!
Hello- Long time reader, first time poster. I'm hoping...
Chris
Culligan vs. Kinetico for very hard water
We just moved into a 3 year old house. The previous...
kate_ca
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™